Dog walking | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-01-2003, 02:01 PM
Dog walking

I'm planning on surgery 7/31 and live in New York City. I have a dog walker who comes M-F every AM, and I may be able to get the guy to come in the evening. But in NYC, the dog has to go out three or four times a day and I don't know if I will have anyone that often. My mother will be staying with me but she is frail and has osteoporosis. My dog is a 50 pound Siberian husky and usually obedient, but there might be a dog that gets her into overdrive or a squirrel or something. She also can wear a prong collar, which she can't pull as much on the leash.

But what do you suggest? WHen can I take her out? Or do I need to spend a fortune on dogwalking??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2003, 02:36 PM
Dog walking

Plan on spending a fortune! Ask neighbors, or neighbors children, or maybe you could board the dog for the first week? I can't imagine walking my dog, you never know when they will suddenly pull you. I am 5 weeks post op and still do not walk my 50 pound mutt. Good luck!

Debbie
Unread 07-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Dog walking

Hey Chickster,

Huskys love to pull. It would not be a good idea for you to do the walking. If you are unable to have your dog walker come midday, call your vet and ask them if they know anyone.

Are you a member of a local church or club? Inquire for a volunteer helper.

What about a young adult or teen. Teens need credited community hours for their college transcripts, so this may be the area in which to seek out a midday dog walker. And you may even have this teen as your helper too.

Good luck and I hope you get some help. I have 2 dogs so I understand your dilemma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Dog walking

I recommend spending a bunch on a dog walker, my dog is 28 pounds and a boston terrior and there is no way I could walk him. He has been great and he knows mommy is in pain, but Lord help me if I had him on a leash! I ache just thinking about it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register