Sorry need to vent | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sorry need to vent Sorry need to vent

Unread 10-29-2006, 04:17 AM
Sorry need to vent

Hi girls i do day care in my own home and this week going back just three days because there is only 1 child till the 13th nov then will have 2 in care from 9- 3 but in between they will have a afternoon sleep where i can rest a bit before they awake.
This is my 6th week opp was on 13th sep one of my other familys said to day that she would bring her younger two back in to care on the 13th nov which will be by then 8 weeks Got to state these are new kids in care i havnt had them yet
They are 1, 2 year olds, one is not walking and the other is wondering around, my situation at the moment is i just carnt lift im scared to damage something and be back in pain as i was before, im still taking a pain med in the late afternoon just for cramping still and pulling, i think i do to much and the body just says no more,
I was back in the E R last week as i moved around the bedroom because i had to get things back to normal for kids to come in to care on monday, no one would help as im on my own with 2 teenage kids so i did it, well it was fine while doing it but regreted it the next day, i was in a lot of pain.. went to hospital they put me back on Tramadol 2 times a day again. didnt do lifting, but pushed a lot
T he lady with the 1,2 year old says well i had a c section and i was fine at 6 weeks well helo iv had a hyserectomy iv had things taken out and my ...... stiched back, Am i over reacting or have i got an issue having her kids so early when i have to lift them in an out of cots, car seats, and have to carry one around
I just want my three days aweek 9-3 at the moment with my boys the ones i dont have to carry around
Im sorry about the long post just wanted to vent a little
c-sections are not like hysterectomys
Dianne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2006, 06:19 AM
Sorry need to vent

I had 2 c-sections with my children and NO they are NOT like a TAH by any means!!! You are not unreasonable to not want to take on the little ones. I went back to work (ed tech, middle school) at 6 weeks and THAT was too early (for me, personally). Last night DH and I went out to a Halloween party and I felt the need to shake my big ole booty and I'm paying for it today and tomorrow I will be 9 weeks post-op. Just my opinion, but don't do anything your instincts and body and telling you not to! Have a good day!

Lynn
Unread 10-29-2006, 06:19 AM
Sorry need to vent

What does your dr say? I would think if you are still on pain meds you should not be caring for small children. I can completely relate to what your going through as I have a daycare center. The first week or so that I went back I did not lift any kids. Once I started lifting it was hard at first, but then my body seemed to adjust to it. I still am having some persistant pain but it seems to be there wheter I am lifing and working hard or home sitting on the couch.

If you don't have a choice about keeping the kids because of money or you're afraid of losing the client, maybe you could make some adjustments. Change the little ones diapers on the floor, let the child nap on a mat on the floor, and even feed the children on the floor. Make it into a picnic...throw a blanket down and let them go for it? Make your teenagers help more (I know that can be easier said than done).

I hope everything works out for you!

Rhonda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2006, 06:20 AM
Sorry need to vent

Hi,
I also do daycare in my home and have for over 20 years. The way I see it you are doing daycare out of your home and that makes you the boss. You make the rules and you say when you are and are not going to care for children.
I have only grand children now, 6, 5, 3 & 1 and so far I only have my 6 year old grand daughter back in daycare and she is in school. I am taking the 5 & 3 year olds back next Monday and I am not sure about the 1 year old yet but it will be a couple more weeks anyway.
I told both my son and daughter I was not willing to take them back until I felt up to it.
It had nothing to do with weeks or restrictions, when I felt up to doing daycare again I would let them know. They were fine with that.
I explained it that if I take them back before I am ready and something else goes wrong that will make it even longer that you have to have someone else take care of them.
Not to mention in order to be fair to the kids you need to be in top shape so that they get the care and attention that they need!
Sometimes those who have never done daycare do not realize the work involved.
Good Luck & take care.
Unread 10-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Sorry need to vent

I can not imagine lifting someone else's child in that time period! After I had my TAH, I returned to work after 5 weeks (I needed the money and it was an office job where I could have others do any needed lifting.) Anyhow, I had a 8/9 month old baby at the time of my surgery and I had awesome help. My kids were all helpful with lifting the baby to me to nurse and cuddle with. My sitter would send one of her kids out to get my baby out of the car and put him in for me. I did lift my little one a couple weeks after surgery and it HURT so I took the lesson and quit lifting him. So, listen to your DR. I was fortunate enough to not have had a c-section but there seems to be an awful lot of rearraging with TAH!
Unread 10-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Sorry need to vent

I agree with all the sisters above. A c-sec is not the same as a hyst. (Of course I'm 20 years older now than the c-sec, which could make a difference.) Take care of yourself, because it sounds like the woman either is unfeeling or a moron.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register