more tears and worries | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

more tears and worries more tears and worries

Unread 02-28-2008, 07:13 AM
more tears and worries

I am just becoming at my wits end.
Crying and sleeping is the most I have been able to do the last two days.

When I just get to the point where I cannot emotionally handle the problems and worries in my life and all I can seem to do is cry, I just go to bed and sleep it is my escape from life. I have slept many many more hours in the last two days than I've been awake.

Tuesday, I went to see my couselor and about I could do was cry, started talking about alot of the very bad memories about my mother and the loss of my son. Then went to 2 stores and then home and to bed.

Yesterday, the tears started falling withing 15 minutes after I got up. I have been so worried about our rent recertification, because I still have not received what I need from social security stating how much mine and my daughters checks are a month. For some reason our Wal-mart pharmacy cannot get the copy I need for the meds and what I had to pay to copy correctly and when I was there Tues. they still could not and gave me what they could get to print and then a copy of what I could do on my computer and maybe it would print out. I need this the total to my estimate will be close to 1,000.00 in 1997 that I had to pay even with my medicare prescription coverage.

This helps to lower our rent, to do what the pharmacist told me I could try on the computer will take me several hours, I am on 12 different prescrition meds and I have to enter each med number and some other number for each med I had filled in 2007.

Then yesterday too, since the snow was bad and my dad couldn't make it up here and we had an appt. to go and have our rent recertif. done.

I could not go because we would have had to walk down from her all downhill on snow and ice covered road and sidewalks. Plus our daughter was home and not feeling well. So my hubby walked down to where my dad could pick him up. What jeez what a waste. The guy that does the recertif. told him that he would give us until next week to have all we need and from that comment I know from it and what is stated on papers that if we don't have it by then we will be evicted. Then just major, major tears.
We live in HUD subsidized apt. if we get evicted we will never be eligable to get in any other HUD place.
We cannot afford to pay rent, plus all utilities and other.

I called for what I need from the SS office over 5 weeks ago and still haven't received it. The pharmacies problems is not my fault.

I am going to be making some phone calls today to see if I can go myself to the most local SS office and get what I need while there.

Thanks for reading.
I am just at a point that can hardly even stay out of bed asleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 10:47 AM
more tears and worries

Try to print off the information if you can. It may take hours but it will be done and you will not be evicted.

Also go to the social security office and get the information. Plan to stay there until you get it.

You have to push yourself. I know it is hard but you can do it.

Maybe you can get someone to help you!! Good luck. Connie
Unread 02-28-2008, 10:51 AM
more tears and worries

Hi:

I can't imagine doing all the things you're doing so soon after surgery. Sounds like a lot to cope with. Two ideas:

Is there a social worker at the hospital who could help you? Maybe any eviction could be delayed due to your medical situation. This would give you more time to get your papers in order.

Do you have a minister who could help you?

Hang in. You should be proud of how you're handling things. Try not to be too depressed, it'll sap your energy.

Good luck, Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 11:56 AM
more tears and worries

My prayers are with you and your family. Please try to get a social worker to help you and contact your local ministry..God Bless!
Unread 02-28-2008, 12:06 PM
more tears and worries

I agree with Sarah. If you don't have a case worker already (not the SS office), the hospital social worker might be able to help. Also, I don't know where you are, but many towns have a town social worker. They might be able to help as well.

Having someone to navigate the insanity of the system is a huge help.

Roberta
Unread 02-28-2008, 01:37 PM
more tears and worries

Thank you all for your advice and encouragment.

I called the closet SS office in our area earlier today and she told me if they mailed what I needed it would be 7 to 10 days before I received. Well that is what they told me over a month ago.

But, that I could come and get it myself, and that is what I am going to do, my daughter is going to take me Monday.

I must not have stated it quite right, I don't have to have a copy of what I paid for meds in 07 to be recertified, it is just if I don't have that our rent will be higher than if I do have it to turn in to them. I do have to have those papers from the SS office.

I will try my best over the weekend to see what I can do on the computer to get it to print out right.

I'm not sure if our hosp. has a social worker, if it comes to the point where they say we are going to be evicted, I will definetly do as I've been advised to do.

I know last year, I couldn't make it down the three days to the community room because each one of those three days I was having seizures and migranes and when I called the office the sec got really nasty with me and told me since I missed those days we would be evicted.
At first I got really upset and then called all 3 of my docs at that time, even my counselor and they all wrote doc's excuses for me giving the reasons why I could not have been there. Then when I called again and talked to a higher person he said Tammy she should not have told you that, when can you come down before the end of the month.

So if it comes down to it, I am sure they will all do the same for me this year.

I just can't wait to get this over with I am sure I will much better physcially and emotionally when it is.

Thanks again to all.
Tammy
Unread 03-02-2008, 05:27 AM
more tears and worries

Just wanted to fill in on what I have manged to accomplished,

My daughter is taking me the SS office tommorow morning and I will stay there until they give me what I need.

I tryed to do on my computer what the pharmacist gave me a paper with instructions on it on how to and no luck, I got to where I pushed on my pharmacy records something like that anyway to get what I need and it came up saying something like what the pharmacy has been telling me.

So I do have from Humana papers stating exactly what I had to pay for meds in 07, and I would think they would accept that but I don't know for sure if they will or not, however one of my seizure meds is not on there because humana doesn't pay for them, I also have ameri/plan that helps pay for it which is 26.06 a month times that by 12 and I could really use that on paper for recertification also.

I am doing better emotionally for now, doing my best not to let this and other worries take me over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register