Pre-op thoughts on post-op pampering | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op thoughts on post-op pampering Pre-op thoughts on post-op pampering

Unread 11-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Pre-op thoughts on post-op pampering

Do you have anything special planned for yourself after surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Re: Pre-op thoughts on post-op pampering

Well - There's a loaded question if I ever heard one! So many answers.

Immediately, post surgery, I plan to be a sloth. Well sort of, I expect I could still beat one in a race. Husband is taking care of cleaning and the daughter is going to be our chef for a couple of weeks. I get to read, watch movies and go for short walks with our arthritic old dog when I'm not sleeping.

After recovery - that's between me and my husband!
Unread 11-11-2011, 12:28 PM

We did a large Post-Surgery Shopping Trip and I am well stocked in boring and terrifying foods I know I will find delicious when I can't find anything that sounds good. I figure that if ever I'm going to have a reason to eat an entire box of Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes or creamed corn with toast, this is the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2011, 12:29 PM

Haven't thought of that, but now that you mention it...hmmmm

I did have my hair reconditioned (thermal smoothing) about 2 weeks ago. Wasn't going to do it until after the surgery, but I figured it would be easier to manage if I did it ahead of time and enjoyed it a few weeks before I go "under the knife".

Afterwards, I plan on relaxing on the couch, catching up on my reading and enjoying Judge Judy!!
Unread 11-11-2011, 04:20 PM

lets see, I have my kindle loaded,have some circle word books,will try and walk the dogs but we have 3 , small ones but we use retractable leashes, so maybe it will just be the fenced in yard for them, trying to figure out what to eat post op, probably for awhile, it will be soup, toast ,tea
did my pre -op yesterday, and will get my hair cut next week
I will be on my own the day after I get home from surgery with the dogs,so that should be interesting,because all 3 want to be on the bed with me, and only one can jump up and down the other 2 are picked up t, yes I have stairs, one wont use them the other has decided its easier getting picked up so he wont use them either, I will slowly go insane while these dogs whine and bark at me, but im not poppin stitches for there comfort
Unread 11-11-2011, 05:02 PM

I'm planning on doing something I NEVER get to do with 5 kids- SLEEP! I have a ton of trashy historical romance novels ready and of course some movies. Other than that I'm doing absolutly nothing for the first two weeks but rest!! Enjoy! Hugs
Unread 11-11-2011, 05:40 PM

If it's anything like last time, I will be too gorked to read, at least initially. I have Angry Birds, Plants V Zombies and Netflix at the ready. And my brother is coming to hang out with their
9-week old bb, so there will be some snuggling.
Unread 11-11-2011, 06:00 PM

I also plan to get a nice pedicure about 3 weeks post op! I love sitting in those massage chairs getting my feet done!
Unread 11-11-2011, 08:10 PM

Whoo Hoo! Daughter bought me a small red dragon pillow pet for company in the hospital and my ride home!

Let the pampering begin!
Unread 11-11-2011, 10:08 PM

At 12 days post-op, I went and had my gel nails put back on. It was so nice to have nice fancy nails again. My manicurist does a creative design on them as I am one of her few clients who gives her total rein on what she would like to do. At about 4 weeks post-op, I had my hair cut and coloured as per usual. Those little things really helped to make me feel part of the real world again as you feel pretty secluded when you are stuck at home letting your body heal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register