2 days post hysterectomy - feels like a truck hit me! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days post hysterectomy - feels like a truck hit me! 2 days post hysterectomy - feels like a truck hit me!

Unread 05-06-2016, 08:31 AM
2 days post hysterectomy - feels like a truck hit me!

Hi. Had da Vinci on Wednesday and spent one night in hospital. I think I overdid it yesterday and today i woke and felt horrible. Took Percocet last night before bed and again this morning. The worst pain is when I get out of the lying down or sitting position. Once I'm upright for about 5 minutes I feel a bit better but those first few minutes up im hunched over. I'm drinking a lot and getting up to walk at least once an hour but even this least invasive surgery is still surgery. I thought I'll be up and around right away. I have to constantly remember to just rest and take it very slow. Hope tomorrow is better. Thank G-d for this group and all of its supportive members!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2016, 08:55 AM
Re: 2 days post op - feels like a truck hit me!

Getting up from bed is really hard for the first few days, but it will get easier.

Take great care please!

Unread 05-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Re: 2 days post hysterectomy - feels like a truck hit me!

I also thought I would be up and about right away. I did too much early on and started bleeding bright red. Unfortunately, I have needed to just take it very easy for all of my 5 weeks. I just didn't want to have any complications so I learned to listen to my body and not push myself. This has been so hard because it is the opposite of my normal. Find fun stuff to do during your healing time that you would normally not have time to do. I love to knit! It keeps my hyper self occupied while sitting still. Please allow yourself to slow your life way down so you will heal properly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngross26 View Post
Hi. Had da Vinci on Wednesday and spent one night in hospital. I think I overdid it yesterday and today i woke and felt horrible. Took Percocet last night before bed and again this morning. The worst pain is when I get out of the lying down or sitting position. Once I'm upright for about 5 minutes I feel a bit better but those first few minutes up im hunched over. I'm drinking a lot and getting up to walk at least once an hour but even this least invasive surgery is still surgery. I thought I'll be up and around right away. I have to constantly remember to just rest and take it very slow. Hope tomorrow is better. Thank G-d for this group and all of its supportive members!!
I feel your pain and yeah it is worse getting out bed when you stand up. I'm gonna sleep In My recliner tonite lol. I haven't had a chance to do anything extra to overdue anything. I do take care of my 3 yr old grand daughter and her aunt and uncle are really stepping up for me.
But she just wants me. I hope your discomfort is better soon. Take care
Unread 05-06-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstonekk92 View Post
I feel your pain and yeah it is worse getting out bed when you stand up. I'm gonna sleep In My recliner tonite lol. I haven't had a chance to do anything extra to overdue anything. I do take care of my 3 yr old grand daughter and her aunt and uncle are really stepping up for me.
But she just wants me. I hope your discomfort is better soon. Take care
Thank you so much! Speedy recovery to you too!!
Unread 05-08-2016, 02:08 AM
Re: 2 days post hysterectomy - feels like a truck hit me!

Its much easier to get up from a recliner, sofa or sleep w 2 wedge pillows in bed. Use your arms to push off of back of sofa or wedge pillow. My abs were so sore & weak for many weeks. I had a TAH but during surgery for all of us, our bodies are manipulated, parts removed & repaired, bruised plus it can affect nerves. For me, the soreness in my abs felt like I did 100s of crunches.
Unread 05-08-2016, 02:53 AM

I've muscle pain in my legs, hips, back etc. I think it's from being so tense getting in and out of bed or using the Loo. Also trying not to use stomach muscles so using everything else instead. For me the worst part is the incision pain, burning and stinging pain anytime I get up or sit. It is improving though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register