Hospital Stay - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hospital Stay Hospital Stay

Unread 05-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Hospital Stay

I had my SAH on Tuesday morning (about 1 hr) and left on Thursday morning...48 hrs total. Insurance approved stay of six nights, but I was doing great (walking, eating, etc) that I was released after 2 days.

My doctor and I both felt that I could rest just as well at home as at the hospital. Missed my house and dog. (Lucked out at the hospital, all GYN rooms are private.)

Your hospital stay depends on a few things: what exactly you are having done, how you are doing after surgery (vital signs, walking, passing gas, eating, pain, etc.)

Wishing you a short stay and a speedy recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Hospital Stay

I only had to stay 24 hours. I checked in at 6:30 this past Friday morning and they came to get me for surgery at around 7AM(earlier than originally planned, go figure). After surgery and recovery I was back in my room around 9:30. I had a successful LAVH/RSO/LS. I had my left ovary removed in '01 but they left the tube. I didnt' use much of my pain meds, and since I have been home I have only used it 3 times. I am off of it totally now. I am very grateful that I am having such an uneventful recovery. The Lord was with me and has stuck around. I thank him every day. I hope the rest of you princesses are doing well and have smooth recoveries.

GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK FIBERGEEK!!!!!

Unread 05-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Hospital Stay

I should clarify, as well... I was there for three full days, but all day yesterday, they were waiting for a poot. Yup, my entire life hung on a fart yesterday, and I hope I'm not offending anyone by saying that! ROFL

Seriously, though. For the first 24 hours, I was fed through IV, with my saline and drugs. Tuesday, I was given a liquid diet breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I"ll tell you... i was MUCH more comfortable than the lady in the next room, who had been given 'real food' from the first. She was miserable with gas, but I was okay. Yesterday afternoon, I managed to fart once, which was good enough to get me a real dinner.

I still havent' had a bowel movement, but the doc said that's normal, and not to try to force it for a few more days. After all, I JUST had real food last night!

Looking back at it, I think I could have handled one more day in the hospital, with the wonderful adjustable bed and handrails, and nurses to help me with stuff.

I'm glad to be home, but it is a lot harder to get up and down, and my bed isn't nearly as comfortable as the hospital bed.

FiberGeek
Unread 05-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Hospital Stay

My surgery was Thursday and I was released on Saturday. So two days in the hospital. My insurance company approved a 3 day stay. My doc asked me if I wanted to stay and I said no way. I was so uncomfortable in that bed. I had to be able to pee, eat and er...fart before I could go. I passed all 3 tests and got out as fast as possible. They weren't really doing anything for me in the hospital that I couldn't do at home. My back was hurting so bad from the bed and I had friction burns on my butt from trying to slide into a comfortable position. I was never so happy to go home.
Unread 05-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Hospital Stay

I checked in at 7am on a Tuesday and checked out at 7pm on Thursday. I could have stayed a third night (my nurse wanted me to) but the instant I tooted I made my DH *run* to the nurse's station to start the paperwork for my release! I didn't see what procedure you're having...hospital stays vary greatly for each woman and each procedure. Best of luck!

MB

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register