Cold & Surgery is Tues., Cancel? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cold & Surgery is Tues., Cancel? Cold & Surgery is Tues., Cancel?

Unread 08-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Cold & Surgery is Tues., Cancel?

I was supposed to have my hyst 5/10 so I surely hope this cold that I started with on Sunday doesn't cancel my surgery for 8/23. Does anybody know if surgery can be canceled b/c of a cold, sinus congestion, whatever it is?

I surely hope not, but please let me know. My pre-op is this afternoon.

Chrissie
TVH 8/23/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2005, 10:54 AM

I had a cold when I went in for my TAH, as long as there is no infection or fevers they should do it. Ask your Dr. if you can take some extra vitamin C ( mine told me I could). Watch what kind of cold tablets you take, you don't want to risk your surgery being canceled, I could only take Tylonlol(sp) cold tablets. I also got put on a antibotic (just in case) so call your dr. to let them know, you still have time to fight this bug.
Good luck!!!
Unread 08-17-2005, 11:16 AM

My Dr. approved Claritin, Tylenol, so that's what I'm taking. I'm drinking chicken noodle cup-a-soup, drinking hot green tea, and drinking plenty of fluids too along w/ taking those zinc lozenges. I hope those are ok but my mom, a nurse, said that the zinc lozenges shouldn't hurt anything, they're like vitamins.

Thanks. I don't have fever and I don't think I have an infection.

Chrissie
TVH 8/23/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2005, 11:18 AM
I think tanner said it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner413
I had a cold when I went in for my TAH, as long as there is no infection or fevers they should do it. Ask your Dr. if you can take some extra vitamin C ( mine told me I could). Watch what kind of cold tablets you take, you don't want to risk your surgery being canceled, I could only take Tylonlol(sp) cold tablets. I also got put on a antibotic (just in case) so call your dr. to let them know, you still have time to fight this bug.
Good luck!!!

Best wishes to ya!
Unread 08-17-2005, 11:25 AM

I called the doc about 4-5 days before because I had a sore throat, no fever. He put me on oral antibiotics~~just in case.

Keep a check on your temp and if you start to run a fever call the doc to get some antibiotics.

Hope you feel better soon.

GA
Unread 08-17-2005, 12:49 PM

Watch drinking green tea, my dr. seems to think it caused me to bleed alot more during my surgery, He said he if would've known I was drinking alot of green tea he would have postponed my surgery. I am not sure what is in green tea but appearntly something that may cause you blood to thin . You might want to check with your dr. with everything you are taking, there is still enough time to correct it if you are doing something wrong.
Good luck!!
Unread 08-17-2005, 06:48 PM

Thanks for posting about the green tea. I'll stop drinking it. I'll keep to the hot chicken broth.

Dr okay'd Sudafed as well as Claritin and Tylenol. Said if I am still not feeling well Monday to call and she will advise on what to do. She seems to think since it is just a head cold that I should be fine. I surely hope so.

Thanks to everyone.

Chrissie
TVH 8/23/05

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register