During LAVH is your feet tilted above your head? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

During LAVH is your feet tilted above your head? During LAVH is your feet tilted above your head?

Unread 09-12-2006, 04:09 PM
During LAVH is your feet tilted above your head?

Don't worry SisterAngel. I doubt it is as bad as it sounds because other wise I would be hurting in lots of other places. I was more bothered by the skinny operating table because I am a plus-size woman too. The picture of being twisted into a pretzel while modestly dressed is funny one but then I'm on the other side of this and can see some humor. Sorry you had to have surgery post-poned but it's all for the best I'm sure. Keep yourself busy (not tired) with some other things if you find yourself thinking too much about everything you read here. It's a wonderful, helpful site but I found that sometimes I had to leave it alone for a day or two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2006, 04:28 PM

Hi LKdecember,

Thanks for the reassuring words. I am trying to find humor in all of this..lol. You know the old saying....sometime you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Such a true saying.

Thanks for letting me know it won't be so bad. I do get overwhelmed at times reading some of the things i do online. There are so real horror stories out there, but it appears most women do just fine during and after their surgeries. My MIL had a hysterectomy 30 yrs ago. She never used HRT....she's doing fine and just turned 80....that gives me hope there I do feel a lot of recovery is how your mind is set. A positive mind set IS VERY important in any aspect of life!!!

Wishing you a great recovery!!!!
Hugs
Unread 09-12-2006, 09:14 PM

You legs are infact contorted "up over and behind" during an LAVH and TVH. Lovely picture huh? I was still awake while being positioned for a TVH/A-P repair. I had no longer started wondering how far back they were actually going to put my legs before I started falling asleep. I had minimal muscle soreness for a couple of days post-op.
Just another tidbit of info--a weighted speculum is used to keep things opened during the surgery, so dont be surprised by some vaginal bruising for a few days p/o.

Don't worry about it; it'll all be over and done with before you realize.

Take care!
Diana
Unread 09-13-2006, 09:56 AM

lkdecember thank you I to have tailbone and lower back pain[/QU OTE]my TVH was 9-5-06 been doing good walking around my back yard. and tacking IBP twice a day and 1 pain pill before bed. at day 7[/QUO TE] I didn't tack pain pill before bed big mistake[QUOT E] up all night back pain &leg pain in left leg. are you still tacking MED[/QU OTE]
Unread 09-13-2006, 01:19 PM

I'm not taking pain meds any more but will continue with IBP as directed by my doctor's nurse today. The pain is getting better but I think it will just take time. I'm most uncomfortable late afternoon-early evenings and when I need to be moving my bowels. That's my cue to do more walking. I was told a heating pad is also good and have been using that from time to time.
Unread 09-13-2006, 01:23 PM

Hummm, maybe after this lavh, I'll be a contortionist? LOL. Ohhhhh, being a plus sized woman here...this prospect of being twisted about not to mention the fibromyagia could get scary. Yikes! I am going to try not to think about this one too much lol.

Thanks all for your replies.

LKdecember, was yours a lavh? You're right...sometimes you have to walk away from this site...but man, I am addicted to this site...can't stay away...maybe I am a glutten for punishment? LOL
Unread 09-13-2006, 06:20 PM

Yes, mine was a LAVH, kept my ovaries. Have to tell you today was a really good day with minimal discomfort. My left lower back area has always been a weak spot for me so that may have had something to do with the tenderness I'm dealing with.

Obviously I have a hard time staying away from this site too. It sure provides a lot of insight.
Unread 09-13-2006, 06:31 PM

hi lkdecember,

I am so glad you had a good day with minimal pain. That's great!

Is the back pain getting better now each day? I hope so!

Hugs
Unread 09-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Laughed Out Loud

This site is magic. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. I had an Cone Biopsy Aug. 4, 2006 and right before I was injected to go to anesthesia-land I saw that the stirrups were at the side of my head and I thought to myself, "what could they be thinking" and then I felt a whoooosh in my head and I was gone for a bit of time and then completely forgot about it until reading this inquiry tonight. I logged on tonight to share that my very own scheduled "trip to the castle" is set for October 3rd, 2006 and all I want is an uneventful, scrupulously, flawless surgical successful procedure. I don't care if they twist me up like a pretzel and scotch tape a red bow on my buttocks. MargieClare
Unread 09-14-2006, 06:47 AM

Hi Margieclare3,

Humm, a red bow on your buttocks....how cute!! lol. This site is great for easing your mind, and just laughing sometimes. We all need to laugh. I just have this vision of you with your butt in the air and a red bow on it in the OR LOL. actually kinda funny to imagine LOL.

Good luck to you and thanks for a chuckle.

Hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register