TAH I survived surgery, but.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I survived surgery, but.... I survived surgery, but....

Unread 03-04-2014, 03:51 PM
I survived surgery, but....

Hi sisters, I am 6 days post op and just came home last night. This is my first day alone and so far so good, but I'm still fearing the unknown. Does anyone else continue to worry about their recovery, if they'll go crazy, and all the other what ifs that we moms worry about? Continued prayers and angels of health to be with all my sister's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Re: I survived surgery, but....

I worried about sex and the vaginal cuff getting ripped. Now I worry about UTIs and estrogen and possible recurrences. Yet, it's all good.
Unread 03-04-2014, 04:06 PM

It is natural to worry about recovery as you are going through this. I know that I wondered if it would ever get better and it did. I think it is just a part of the recovery process. Most of the time you don't have any of it come true. And then you can laugh about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2014, 05:38 PM

Hi.glad your op went well.Try not to over think things and just concentrate on getting as much rest as you can.now you're home and in your own surroundings you should be able to relax more.sending hugs
Unread 03-04-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosern View Post
Hi sisters, I am 6 days post op and just came home last night. This is my first day alone and so far so good, but I'm still fearing the unknown. Does anyone else continue to worry about their recovery, if they'll go crazy, and all the other what ifs that we moms worry about? Continued prayers and angels of health to be with all my sister's!
I am happy you are feeling okay and back home!

I feel the same way as you. I do also fear the unknown. I fear things like what will sex be like. I am only 30. I am fearful it will never be the same. I am afraid my husband will not want to be with me because I can no longer have children or that I am damaged. I am afraid that my crazy emotions I have right now, will never go away or go back to normal. I cry like all the time. It can't be easy for my children (10 & 11) to watch. They both understand what I am going through, but that is a lot for little girls at there age to watch their mom go through. I try to be strong for them, but sometimes it just does not work.
Unread 03-04-2014, 08:14 PM

i'm 8 days post-op --- the best thing that has helped me is reading other sisters posts, asking questions of my own, and posting on my recovery week. It has brought me a lot of comfort knowing i'm not "in it alone".
Sending HUGS your way.
Unread 03-04-2014, 08:25 PM

I agree read the positive stuff. Yes you trade one worry for another. But everyday is progress. At 5 wks I'm south further, finally the emerges coming back. Dr said it may take 8 wks, but I'm just going to try and enjoy the down time. And putter around. This wkd we went on a glamp trip and that was good for my confidence, I'm married to the 'great encourager!' hang in there, we will all get thru together. DH days I'm sexier than ever. I'm taking these days to be kind to myself.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register