can you answer my questions? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

can you answer my questions? can you answer my questions?

Unread 11-19-2003, 05:17 PM
can you answer my questions?

Okay my princesses, these may sound like silly questions, but here goes:

1. How big of panties do I really need to buy?
2. Will I need to wear them forever?
3. Will my clothes not fit after surgery?
4. I am concerned about the swelly belly...how swelly does it really get?
5. Is the bleeding after surgery like a period, or is it lighter?

This is a real concern of mine...Any answers? Thanks in advance.

AP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2003, 05:38 PM

Hi AP,

Let's see if I can answer some of your questions:

1. How big of panties do I really need to buy?
One size larger should do. Or you can buy LovePats (Walmart sells them.) They are wonderfully lightweight and feel almost like you're not wearing anything!

2. Will I need to wear them forever?
No, you'll probably only need them for a month or two. And whatever you do, don't wear them longer than you need to! Here's a link that tells why: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...light=goldfish

3. Will my clothes not fit after surgery?
You might find that you won't want anything tight on your tummy for awhile. Loose fitting pants, sweatpants, or housedresses are a good choice at first. However, some ladies have no problem at all.

4. I am concerned about the swelly belly...how swelly does it really get?
That depends on your build and other factors. Some ladies complain they look 4 to 5 months pregnant, other ladies don't have swelly belly at all! Here's a link to some info on swelly belly that can help you understand what it is and how to deal with it: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=89755

5. Is the bleeding after surgery like a period, or is it lighter?
You may have no bleeding at all or you may just have light spotting. The bleeding should never be heavy like a period or bright red.

If you haven't already, check out the Pre- and Post-Op hints and articles on the main homepage. (Click the Princess logo at the top of this page to access the main homepage. The link for the articles is halfway down the first column.)

Best wishes and s,

Lisa
Unread 11-19-2003, 06:04 PM

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY TO LISA , WHAT WONDERFUL ANSWERS YOU GIVE!!!! I READ MANY POSTS WHERE YOU ARE SO INFORMATIVE.ITS SO NICE TO HAVE YOU HERE....YOUR POSTS HAVE HELPED ME THRU AND INFORMED ME SO MUCH THRU THE LAST 6 WEEKS. I THINK ALL US NEWER PRINCESS'S WOULD AGREE.( I DONT MEAN TO TAKE AWAY FROM ANYONE ELSE AS EVERBODY HERE IS AWESOME TOO)

DEBI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2003, 06:07 PM
I agree

Debbie i couldn't agree with your more! Thanks a million Sashi/Lisa!

AP
Unread 11-19-2003, 07:56 PM

My bleeding after my TAH was bright red and like a light period. I did wear a heavy pad the first week. I mostly had blood when I went to the bathroom (the water was red) The DR's were not concerned about it at all in the castle and said if I was changing pads more than 2 or 3 times a day to call. I changed about 2 or 3 times a day, so did not feel there was a need to be concerned.
I ended up wearing pads for over a month as the bleeding turned to a pink discharge, then brown, then clear. Even the clear stuff was heavy enough to need a lightdays on.
Nothing since my 6 week check-up. Not one drop of blood and just a tiny, minscule discharge occasionally that does not require a pad. Yippee! I'm free!!!

Good luck with yours
Unread 11-19-2003, 08:01 PM

OMG!!! Lisa's link about the granny panties just cracked me up! Just priceless!
Unread 11-20-2003, 06:26 AM
A different approach to pads

I think I have a new one for you, sisters.

I don't use paper pads, not for ten years. I use washable cloth ones with a nice elastic belt. I assume that they will be ok to use after surgery - they do get washed in the hot cycle. Being a larger woman, I have been wearing the boxer style underwear when not bleeding for many years (thigh chafing!). So I don't even own a regular pair of panties!

As I said, presumably the cloth pads will be ok if I need them for any discharge after surgery?

blessings

Orin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register