Change In Plans | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Change In Plans Change In Plans

Unread 09-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Change In Plans

The anathesiologist nurse called for my phone appt and we went over everything. I told her they did not do a EKG when I went over to the hospital for pre-op, she said I have to come in tomarrow and get one. Also I was never told I had to have bowel prep and she said, no problem there because they are not cutting into the abdomen so no need, probably wont have a catheter either which I am not so sure I am happy about, that means one thing, up to the bathroom right away, yuk and the topper is they bumpped my surgery to 12:30 instead of 8:30 which puts me in my room about 5:00 she said. I am starting to get a little but I cant because I will get more mucus and my right ear is totally closed from the cold last week, yesterday I felt like going to sleep and today I feel abit anxious, oh well nothing I can do but pray for peace and quick healing, soon it will be over, glad to leave work for a bit I do not like the new way of doing things here and they are letting us all go in Feb but paying us till then, Yippee for that anywho, wish I would bleed just a little so I can remember why I am going through this, the back pain reminds me though, Hugs to all, D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Pre Op I forgot to tell you all....

Also, I forgot to tell you she also said I could take my beta blocker in the am with a valium with a wee bit of water, a shower but no creams or powders or deoterant, brush teeth, do not swallow the water, no jewelery, can have my toes painted tonight but not my nails, and no piercings, bring insurance card and do not cut roses or get a scratch this weekend then she said have a nice weekend,,,,,lol, D
Unread 09-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Change In Plans

Thanks for the update. Hope all goes smoothly for you.

As for me, I'll take having to get up to pee over a catheter any day! (LOL)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Change In Plans

KIANAROSE,

Oh, i am so sorry you are having to deal with the changes. I really can sympathisize! I went in on Aug. 30 and had my surgery called by the anesthesiologist minutes before they took me in because she caught that my potassium was too low.
I was so excited also because i was scheduled first in line that day. I am also scheduled for 12:30 on the 13th. I was very dissappointed when I heard the later hour.
It will all work out tho. I have really had to work at calming myself and dealing with the crying. I started my period this week though and if it will help you relate any I am having such horrible cramping and heavy bleeding. If I had any hesitation about doing this surgery it is completely gone. I was trying to think earlier how I would rate this pain from 1 to 10 like they ask you in recovery. I would say at least a 6 before taking any pain meds. It will be interesting to compare how I feel after the surgery. I have the feeling it will be much better than how I feel now.
Take heart. I am glad they are doing the EKG-better safe than sorry. Don't let the anxiety get you. I am a good one to be talking. My husband would have a good laugh if he could read this. But I know it won't help. I understand the flux of emotion - I am fine one minute and crying over something the next.
At least you won't have to deal with the catherter! I am almost more worried about my bladder thing than I am the hyst.
I hope your day gets better.

Blessings, Rita TVH with bladder sling,leaving ovaries 9/13/04
Unread 09-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Change In Plans

THANKS PEARL, I WILL WORK HARD ON THE ANXIETY, AND REMEMBER THAT GOD WILL CALM ME, I WANT THIS OVER, THANKS FOR REMINDING ME OF THE PAIN AND YES YOU WILL BE SOOOOO MUCH BETTER I PROMISE....SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE, D
Unread 09-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Change In Plans

Hi Denna-
Don't let this change of plans discourage you.
It's still almost over! Remember, everthing has a reason, so this will happen how and when it's supposed to.

I know- easier said than done LOL! Keep your spirits up and keep me informed of events.

Blessings-
Amber

P.s. I would love not having a cath. Those things are so annoying!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register