Special request for Queen Kathy and opinions of all sisters | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Special request for Queen Kathy and opinions of all sisters Special request for Queen Kathy and opinions of all sisters

Unread 02-15-2001, 07:34 AM
Special request for Queen Kathy and opinions of all sisters

I was wondering....wouldn't it be nice to have a Hyster Sisters pillow case offered at the hs store? I'm getting ready for my castle date 2-27 and I would like a special pillow cover. Any comments? Well Kathy, what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2001, 09:32 AM

Kathy <---grabbing her needle and thread and calling in the royal stitchers.....

Hey Sherl, this is a great idea. My only problem is find this pillow case. Printing (like a t-shirt) on a pillow case doesn't make for a soft top to lay your head. So, I've put this project on hold and hope that someone will come along to make pillow cases for me to re-sell in the store.

I have also been trying to come up with a pillow for the tummy pillow. I actually have a tote bag I'm working with and thinking the tote could be a tote bag or put a pillow form inside (velcro it closed) and it is a portable pillow (with handles) with the hystersisters logo printed on top. What do you think?

This is the most requested product I get from the hyster sisters...they want a lap pillow for their tummy in the car and for coughing and giggling....

In the meantime, anyone with merchandising background with ideas for pillows please contact me. I'd like to find a source to buy for the store....but with my full time job, I can't seem to have the leg time for running this one down.

Thanks!
Unread 02-15-2001, 11:41 AM

Kathy, thanks soooo much for replying so soon. The tummy pillow sounds great!!! I ordered my "gown" today and hope it comes in time for my recovery (TVH 2-27).I received my notecards yesterday and they are soooo cute!!! I wasn't sure about ordering them, but when you sent me a thank you card re: the server donation, I was so impressed with the product, I ordered them right away. I hope I'll have to order more, being I'll get so many flowers, balloons etc.LOL

Again, thanks so much for this site. I'm addicted to it. Especially this close to my big date at the castle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2001, 04:39 PM

What a great idea! How about some saying about the pillow police on it?

kaatie
Unread 02-16-2001, 11:00 PM

PLEASE CONSIDER SOME LONG SLEEVE T-SHIRTS! I wear them all the time and would love to have one. I enjoy my short sleeve t-shirt, but would really love to display a long sleeve, and would really like a size med or large Sweatshirt.

I want everyone to be enlightened by the Hystersisters...how better than to wear it.

Thank you so much for having this site. I can't tell you how it has saved me from insanity!!!

God Bless You,
Queena
Unread 02-18-2001, 11:11 AM
silk screening

Just a suggestion for the pillow..how about having it silk screened, or printed on a suitable fabric? Some t-shirt companies do this for a reasonable fee if done in quantity.
The crowned face in a shape would be great, and if around 12 x 12, perfect for the resting or car ride!
Hugs, and good luck, I'll look forward to seeing the outcome!
Unread 02-18-2001, 11:35 AM
Another idea

And what about having a cross stitch pattern for those of us who would like to make our own pillowcases?
Unread 02-18-2001, 01:01 PM

What a great idea!!

The pillows themselves, pillow covers or the cross stitch ideas are really cool. You can get those pillow forms at the craft and other stores, maybe have different sizes for different preferences. Like a 12 x 12 and then a more oblong one also. I like the "pillow police" idea.

I just wish I was a better at sewing just learning at this point.
Unread 02-18-2001, 02:47 PM

What great ideas. I went to donate my own blood for my upcoming TVH 2-27 (Feeling Woosey just thinking about it. Boy did I want to run out befor I even started. Well, the gal that set up my blood flow/bag (nurse I think) saw my paper work and mentioned this lovely site *Hyster Sisters*! This is the first face-to-face sister I've met. Boy, we talked and talked. She had a TVH in 99. I told her I found this site summer of 2000.

I know it doesn't relate to pillows, sewing or t-shirts...just had to share. What would we do without hyster sisters...I'd be bonkers by now. Instead, I'm ready AND WILLING!!! Get me to the or. NOW!!!!
Unread 02-18-2001, 02:59 PM
I met a sister too!

Reina...I met a sister too! Hostess Roz from right here at pre-op! We met after our hysts,though. What a doll she is! It was the best fun I have had in years!
So...how about a shirt that says...'I`m a Sister'? Then watch those wild stares when people think it means NUN!
At this rate, maybe Kathy should team up with Delta Burke for a new clothing line....my little mind is racing at the possibilites!
{{{{{{{{hyster hugs}}}}}}}}}}

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register