Another road block | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another road block Another road block

Unread 11-13-2006, 08:34 AM
Another road block

Well I went in for my LAVH on Monday the 6th of November...And when the doc scoped me to get ready to do the procedure he then found out that I had to many adhesions to go vaginally as we had hoped... guess I hace what is called a frozen pelvis.....So I woke up with nothing done and on top of that I also woke up before they had removed the tube from my airway...I was traumatized.....So now I have to go on the 30th of November and have an abdominal hysterectomy.......Wish me luck.....And I thank all of you for all the good wishes....And thanks again for all the support....It means so much :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2006, 09:04 AM
Another road block

I'm so sorry, WantingItOver. Gracious, what a horror. I hope this next time will be the very last you have to go through this.

Lena
Unread 11-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Another road block

Thank you.......I hope so as well....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Another road block

Be encouraged, this too shall pass.
Unread 11-14-2006, 02:19 AM
Another road block

Aw I'm so sorry. Well, now you know they at least tried the way with least cutting. It must have been a huge let-down to wake up to that, but to wake up with abdominal after thinking it was going to be LAVH would have been even more depressing. (just trying to see the bright side Hun). So you've had a trial run. Now you REALLY know how to do the pre-op.
Unread 11-14-2006, 02:25 AM
Another road block

Oh my I woke up with the tube from my airway when I got my tubal it was horrible and I am dreading that thing this time around too.

I am sorry to hear you have more waiting but at least he did not try to do the surgery and cause any kind of damage.

Mystik
Unread 11-14-2006, 03:03 AM
Another road block

I'm so sorry you went through this.
It is good your doctor didn't try to go ahead because he wouldn't have been prepared for a longer surgery - I know at this point it probably doesn't help a whole lot but next time he will be prepared time wise and have a good team put together.
Unread 11-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Conversion from LAVH to TAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandybee
Aw I'm so sorry. Well, now you know they at least tried the way with least cutting. It must have been a huge let-down to wake up to that, but to wake up with abdominal after thinking it was going to be LAVH would have been even more depressing. (just trying to see the bright side Hun). So you've had a trial run. Now you REALLY know how to do the pre-op.
Actually, waking up to find an abdominal incision when you were expecting a vaginal is not so bad, really. More of a "Well, shoot. Okay, HysterSisters taught me to deal with this too."

Let's just say the dress rehearsal uncovered a few flaws in the program that can be corrected before the curtain goes up.

Lena

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register