Hello anxiety (mentions child briefly) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello anxiety (mentions child briefly) Hello anxiety (mentions child briefly)

Unread 11-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Re: Hello anxiety (mentions child briefly)

I'm glad to see you here on the other side of your surgery today, AlmostFree! I have been praying for you this morning and today. I am glad you have less pain that the cause for your surgery had been! Hang in there and take care of yourself as you heal.

We are all here for you if you have any recovey questions. When you do read the post op boards, remember not everyone has the same post surgery problems you will read about and they can still sometimes be worrisome to read.

Let us know how you continue to do.

HUGS,
Over the moon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2012, 03:05 PM

Thank you so much for all of the support and words of encouragement. It really helps!
Unread 11-01-2012, 03:35 PM

Oh my GOSH!!! So many feelings come rushing back and I feel for all of you! What a mess I was and I didn't know this site existed. Wish I had and glad you have found it!

I am now 4 weeks post-surgery and everything went smoothly. I'm now fighting the urge to do too much ... remember this later! Try not to worry too much and focus on keeping yourself healthy.

Keep logging in here and allowing your sisters to support you. Sending positive thoughts and hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2012, 04:06 PM

We share a surgery date I am a mess too. I was sitting at my desk today and just started crying for no apparent reason. Today is my last day at work for the entire month so I think it is starting to feel more real. I have three children (13, 10, and 7) and have a lot of the same worries as you do. It is so hard to let go of the worry and anxiety. I have been trying to think of other things and not let it consume me but that is not easy.

Good luck to you! See you on the other side
Unread 11-01-2012, 08:04 PM

OK so I am normal to be worried, that's good to hear. Your posts make me more relax before I even start to think about panicking. We are all in the same boat, so let's beat this anxiety together, easy to say hard to do, but our mind is killing us, let's stay busy, let's talk
I am trying to be strong for my kids so they don't notice any weakness. I am BRCA2 and thinking that if my daughter inherited the gene she will have to go through the same thing one day and I will have to be there for her and strong, those are things that keep me going, keeping it as normal as possible
Unread 11-01-2012, 08:22 PM

I feel the same as my date approaches also. We're almost there!
Unread 11-01-2012, 09:01 PM

Big Hugs! I was fine all the way up until I was told the date of my surgery. As I sat at my classroom desk and the nurse confirmed the day my stomach sanked! I was anxious the whole month. I too thought of all the bad stuff and worried about my kids. My mom and I were not talking and she had no idea what I was going through. Luckily the day before surgery we talked and hugged and she ended up being there for me.
So I say all that to say be sure to have a living will- 5wishes was easiest and gentle, make amends with anyone-so your conscious is clear, do something special for your child that you both will look forward to- for me we went to the pumpkin far the last weekend in Sept and I promised them that on Halloween we would carve those pumpkins. All my neighbors said they would be dried out but they didn't and we carved them! It gave them comfort to not worry and I would be home especially my 8yr old(my twin) and me too!
Last my bestie told me if I worry and be anxious I will make myself so unhealthy and they will cancel the surgery and I will not be healthy without the surgery. Made me think and just prayed every night for protection but never prayed for anxiety to leave. I still was anxious after surgery and a dear friend said why are you still praying for protection pray for healing and that anxiety away! And I have been praying anxiety away and THANKING God for keeping me and healing me.
Sorry so long but I will be praying for u7
Unread 11-01-2012, 10:19 PM

Oh sisters...my date is tomorrow and I have been a train wreck for the past month. I thought I was doing better over the pat couple days but I lost it tonight as I was preparing my bag. I have 3 children and the youngest got upset tonight..even though I didn't let him see my meltdown. He said "I just don't want you to hurt." I will be so glad to have this behind me. Prayers and hugs please!
Unread 11-02-2012, 03:56 AM

Prayers and hugs for you Julrey and your family!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register