Posterier Paranoia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Posterier Paranoia Posterier Paranoia

Unread 03-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Posterier Paranoia

It has been a week since surgery, TVH-BSO, PR. I'm still sore from posterier repair. I didn't have a BM till 5 days after surgery and it was exhausting getting that to happen, and made it sore in there where it was repaired. I'm getting so anxious about getting constipated since I had such a difficult time being able to go. I didn't want to have hard stools or not be able to go so I took a stool softner last night and today I'm sore from going a little more than I should have I think. Is a stool softner too stimulating? This is all making me very anxious. I have been eating fiber, drinking lots of water, fruit, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Posterier Paranoia

Hi SuzyQ23. Sorry to hear you're still sore from the PR and I hope you feel better soon

Were you given any instructions from the doctor regarding a stool softener? If you're concerned about using it please call the doctor as soon as you can, for peace of mind if nothing else.

Unread 03-13-2003, 10:43 AM
Posterier Paranoia

Hi SuzyQ23

I found that those prep H wipes work wonders for a sore posterior! I haven't been through what you have, but I have IBS on top of everything else and they take the sting out the exterior at least.
I hope you get feeling better and i hope this works for you.
Best wishes!
Sherri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2003, 12:19 PM
Posterier Paranoia

A wet wipe is a good idea. I use Huggies, myself!

Do talk to your doctor about a stool softener. I would think it would be a good idea and Colace is a mild one that seems to be effective for most people.

Hope you find a solution that works for you!

Joselle
Unread 03-14-2003, 01:50 PM
PR

I had a posterior repair too and also did not have a BM for the first five days. Most of that was due to not eating but my MD insisted I have an enema so the pressure would not build on the repair after meds did not work. That did not either and I had to go to the ER for another. I went poop for 3 days straight then and was sore sore sore!. I had one more rough time that MOM solved and since OK. I am 16 days out now and things have evened out almost back to normal. I did everything right too from the beginning. I guess sometimes time is the only healer. Good luck I've been there and know it isn't pretty.
Unread 03-14-2003, 08:03 PM
Posterier Paranoia

I had very bad constipation and didn't go for 7 days after my surgery, and as you said it was work and very painful. Since then, I just have a bowl of Raisn Bran every day and I'm good to go. All natural and no pain. Wishing you the best.

Kim
TAH/BSO PCOS/Exsessive bleeding/36yrs old

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register