5 Months and still feel uncomfortable | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 Months and still feel uncomfortable 5 Months and still feel uncomfortable

Unread 03-08-2003, 12:19 AM
5 Months and still feel uncomfortable

I am 5 Months post op from a total LAVH and Bladder sling. I am starting to almost regret my surgery. Prior to my op I had pain a few days the week before I would get my period and heavy the first two days, that along with a history of abnormal paps me and my Dr. figured a historectomy would be a good idea. Now though there has not been a day yet that I have felt ok, Im not in pain but just this everyday bloated really uncomfortable feeling. I know I could stand to lose some weight as I have gained like 20 lb.s since my surgery but please! someone tell me that this gets better. I am so tired of just feeling uncomfortable all the time now. I would of rathered dealt with not feeling ok for a few days a month instead of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2003, 01:09 AM

Hi, Patricia! I'm so sorry you aren't feeling better. Bloating really can be uncomfortable. Have you asked your dr to evaluate this? Hopefully there isn't a medical cause for the bloating, but it would be good to have it checked out. If you want to join other post op women supporting each other in healthy eating/ fitness, here is a link to Hysteritaville https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...s=&forumid=112 I do hope you will able to banish the bloating (Also, did you have your ovaries removed, and if so are you taking HRT?) s to you
Ruthie
Unread 03-08-2003, 03:14 AM
Patricia

(((((((HUGS)))))) And YES it does get better hun it does. I do suggest though that you go to your DR and tell him/her EXACTLY how you are feeling. Your DR needs to know how you are feeling and to check everything out. Some of us are slow to recover, and at times yes we do find ourselves wondering wether we should have had the Hyst.
I am now 19 months post and remembering way back to when I was just post oh yes it was hard going. I had a LAVH/RSO for severe ENDEO, fibroids and a badly prolapsed uterus and bladder. I then after it all ended up with a foely cath for the first two weeks which was then changed to a supra pubic cath for another 5 weeks. Those days were the roughest and hardest of my life. I could not pee, I had NO energy and I just felt horrid. I had brighter days only to slip to awful days. Many days and nights were filled with frustration and tears.... BUT with the help and support of a wonderful family, Doctor and the wonderful woman on this site, many who are now very dear friends. I got there. It did honestly take me till nearly a year post till i could actually say I felt GREAT. At about 8 months for me it all began to just get better and better.The swelly belly came and went, the nausea i had for the 7 weeks while having a cath and having to take endless antibiotics went also.
Now when I look back hun, as hard as it was at the time it IS so worth it. All behind me now I can say it feels GREAT and yes it was worth every minute of it.
You have to remember some of us do take alot longer to recover, some have complications, some just need more TLC. It is a major operation and one which not only physically but mentally and emotionally healing needs to happen.
Be gentle on yourself, have everything checked out and then just know in your heart there will come a day you wake and feel wonderful and it was worth it. All the very best and keep us in touch Hugs Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2003, 07:06 AM

Patricia, If your surgery date of 11-11-02 is correct, honey you are barely 4 months post op.. Also take into consideration that February is a short month. Don't fret...Things will get better soon. My hyst was 2 weeks before yours and I know what you mean about the bloating.. I was on cloud nine last week because ONE day I actually looked in the mirror and noticed that the swelling was gone... HURRAY!!!!!!!! But much to my horror by the end of the day I was back to being big bellied Kim.... I don't really worry too much about it anymore because if I learned anything from all my wonderful sisters here in hysterland it is this...
TIME IS OUR BEST FRIEND!!!!! As with all the other post op symptoms, time will take care of the swelling too.. On days when I let it bother me, I try on a pair of pants that were skin tight right after surgery and although they are still too tight to wear, they don't look like they were painted on and in my book, thats improvement....... Just take it easy and don't beat yourself up..
Good luck...
Unread 03-08-2003, 09:16 AM

Good morning ladies - new here. I'm 7 months post-op today. Surgery TAH went great, but both ends of my bikini incision are still red & tender, although the majority has healed nicely. The thing I have the most problem with is the numbness. I was hoping it would resolve, but my MD indicated that by approx 3 months it would be as good as it would ever be. Any similar experience w/ ongoing numbness? It's most of the area above the incision site.

Sounds like you all are really connected - that's great. Will be checking back ofter as I have no friends you have gone through this yet. I'm 43, so my guess is there are lots of us out there.
Unread 03-08-2003, 11:09 AM

ivestaffer, yes I did have both my ovaries out and I take Cenestin and have the vaginal estring. Although I never did get the hot flashes and all that. Thank you all for replying, I guess I just needed some reassurance that time will heal and for some it takes longer which I think Im one of those that do take longer. It is just so miserable though feeling all bloated and uncomfortable all the time though. Im wishing time away for that day I can say whewwwww I finally feel great. I plan to as of today start my diet as Im sure losing some weight will help, I will check out the link. Again, Thanx everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register