Closer to Decision! MRI ordered . . . Update: MRI shows adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Closer to Decision! MRI ordered . . . Update: MRI shows adenomyosis Closer to Decision! MRI ordered . . . Update: MRI shows adenomyosis

Unread 09-17-2015, 03:14 PM
Closer to Decision! MRI ordered . . . Update: MRI shows adenomyosis

Saw Gynecologist today - new opinion This doctor who I have seen in past does not feel canidate for myomectomy because my fibroind 7 cm is low, outside and on main artery of the uterus. Believes myo surgery would be too risky and lots of blood lost. This doctor is back to hysterectomy keeping ovaies or UFE. Happy that the doctor scheduled an MRI and wrote referral for interventionist radiologist for UFE consultation. Doctor insists is covered by my insurance so need to double check. Glad for MRI though - since been diagnosed having new symptoms past few weeks lots of constipation, left side pain even though fibroid on right side, and at times feels like something is going to fall all when I walk. I do not have the acute urinary retention anymore and off the cathether - opposite urinating often and feel almost like bladderf contractions with out urine . . . The MRI should show prolaspe and other fibroids if there are more then one. Plus, will determine if a canidate for UFE - then if not I am scheduling the hysterectomy with this doctor next few months because I am sick of felling this way! Feel I am closer to making an informed decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2015, 04:02 PM
MRI new results and Adenomysis!

Hello Sisters

I finally had an MRI which shows much more thann the ultrasound did. I have a 8.3 cm fibroiod right side outside uuterine wall (which was detected on ultrasound but reporterd smaller two months ago), plus new findings of posterior left subserosal fibroid 5 cm, left intramural fibroid 2.5 cm, right side ovarian cyst 1.5 cm, adenomysis, numerous small fibroiuds inside uterus, and pelvic fluid. I am little concerned because my big fibroid is the only one that showed on my ultrasound and I have consultation for UFE - but now with recent findings I am not sure if I am a canidate and may be back to starting point of needing a hysterectomy. Has anyone had a UFE with numerous fibroids and adenomysis? Please share

Thank you
Darlene

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register