i need some one | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i need some one i need some one

Unread 07-23-2004, 08:33 PM
i need some one

who can please convince me that my lap with d&c on monday will go ok. i have had surgerys before, but i guess because if the doc finds more than what he expects i'll have to have another surgery. i am trying to stay calm and not make a big deal out of it for my dd's and my dh. but inside i feel like a bowl of jelly if i think about it. but at least my pre op went well today, everyone was so nice. you know its still surgery. i do want to get things taken care of. my dh is going to be there for me on monday, after he brings me home he will take my aussie to the vet to be boarded over night as he works 2nd shift, at least that way i won't have to take her out side. thanks for listening. s to all. debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2004, 08:42 PM
i need some one

Debbie,

I had surgery last December and there was alot more wrong than they thought. But they took care of it then and there. If you have more wrong, they will correct it however they have to.

Enjoy your family. It's easier if you go somewhere. You will be distracted away from worrying about this. You will be able to enjoy your weekend.

If you feel like crying and talking about it, we are here for you...

k9
Unread 07-23-2004, 11:03 PM
i need some one

Hi Debbie!

It is only natural to be nervous about any type of surgery. You will be just fine! I think the anticipation is the worst, I am going through that also. Sounds like your dh is going to very helpful to you. (I had a D&C years ago, not bad at all, just a litte sore afterwards.) Relax, it will all be over before you know it!

Take care & let us know how you are doing!
Hugs,
Karly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2004, 11:21 PM
i need some one

I understand how you feel; I've been have attacks of nerves off and on. Honestly, the only thing that helps me get through them is this site; my family and friends really aren't much help about this. I'm thinking about you, and I hope you feel calmer soon. Maybe try some relaxation/breathing exercises. That sometimes helps me when I get tense.

Astarte
Unread 07-24-2004, 07:31 AM
i need some one

I had a d &c about 2 months ago. It was really not that bad at all. The first few hours I was cramping like crazy.(almost like early labor) but it passed in a matter of hours and they gave me something for the pain. I was home by 3 in the afternoon. I bled for about 6 days (nothing new to most of us...ha ha). I was really nervous when i got to the castle and asked for something to calm my nerves.They were really nice and I think they gave me valium or something in my I.V. It really helped....Good Luck.
Unread 07-24-2004, 07:45 AM
i need some one

Debbie,

I will be thinking about you and saying a prayer for you! You will do great! Sending positive thoughts your way!

Deb
Unread 07-25-2004, 01:59 PM
thanks

ladies for the kind words, prayers and thoughts and of course hugs. a gal can never get enough sometimes. i still got a case of the jitters, but since its the weekend my dh is home with me so its not that bad. he is being very calm and supportive. hugs to all. debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register