ultrasound tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ultrasound tomorrow ultrasound tomorrow

Unread 08-23-2004, 07:47 PM
ultrasound tomorrow

Ultrasound tomorrow.....Wow have to drink quart of water 1 hour ahead of time and hold it!! OMG stomach hurting just thinking about it.......will it be vaginal or just your normal ultrasound, anyone know? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2004, 07:56 PM
ultrasound tomorrow

You'll probably do fine, but if you have trouble holding the water just let them know. Most of the time I've been able to cope, but the last time I had a "water" ultrasound I was sure I wasn't going to be able to make it into the room. I asked the receptionist very discreetly if she could see if the technician could take me a couple minutes early. She got on the speaker and announced to the nurses in the back that she had a lady that didn't think she could wait. Naturally everyone in the waiting room could hear that too, and while it didn't get me in any sooner I got lots of sympathy from the other women there.
Unread 08-23-2004, 07:57 PM
ultrasound tomorrow

Oh -- and forgot to answer your question. It can be either normal, or vaginal, or both. They might decide once they look one way to look another.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2004, 07:58 PM
ultrasound tomorrow

hi ,

if you have to drink water and hold it, it's probably a reg ultrasound, outside vs a vag u/s with no holding of water. smiles and hugs to all. debbie
Unread 08-23-2004, 07:59 PM
ultrasound tomorrow

They did it both ways on me....

I live an hour's drive from my clinic, so I started drinking my water on the way down. Naturally, I didn't want my bladder too full while I was driving, and so the result was that it wasn't nearly full enough. So they had me go potty and did it the vaginal way, then they made me drink 40 oz. of water and wait until I was at the bursting level and they did it the other way, too.

So it just depends, I guess.
Unread 08-23-2004, 08:22 PM
ultrasound tomorrow

I started off with the outside full bladder kind and then got to empty my bladder and get the innie...

Good luck!
Unread 08-23-2004, 08:22 PM
ultrasound tomorrow

The older me and my bladder get, the more difficult time I have with holding the urine. The last time I was in, I was bouncing around as I was registering; the person registering me also happened to be the tech since I was the first appointment of the morning - that's always the best so they're not behind when you get there - anyways, she saw me just a bouncing and told me to go release some urine - I told her if I released any, it was all coming out, so her suggestion was to urinate in a styrofoam cup that she provided. She said it'd be less likely that I'd release all my urine - and she was right - I released quite a bit I thought but there was still plenty to complete the test.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register