complicated hyster anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

complicated hyster anyone? complicated hyster anyone?

Unread 04-26-2010, 04:28 AM
complicated hyster anyone?

hi sisters, well im home from the castle after having my op on 20th april, went in at 11am, the following day at lunchtime i woke up to be told, when the surgeon tried to do my hyster my insides were so stuck to gether because of my endometriosis he had to call a bowel surgeon to separate my bowel from my uterus before he could continue, the bowel surgeon tried but ended up damaging more so had to remove part of my bowel and res titch it, then they removed my appendix as that also was stuck down, the gynae then removed my uterues tubes ovaries and cercix, and commente on the fact the my uretur looked swollen on the right side, so called in a urologist who said my urrter was blocked and had to put shunts in to open them up, thats the tubes between your kidneys and bladder.
a couple of days later i had an ultrasound in my kidneys to find the enod had damaged the right side so much the kidney had shrunk to a tiny size and the left one had enlarged to compensate, apparently that must have been happening for years due to the amopunt of damage, o my god girls! anyone else had this or part of it? could do with some reassurance.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Re: complicated hyster anyone?

oh yeah i forget, as well as loosing lots of blood during my 6 and a half hour surgery and 2 blood transfusions i am now aneamic and i lokk frighteningly pale, so am on iron tablets, husband has bought me steak and liver to help. any other ideas to get some iron quick?
Unread 04-26-2010, 04:57 AM

I am so sorry this has happened to you......try eatting lots of greens to get your iron built back up....and take your stool softners because iron will slow your bowls down. You will not get built back up over night....it will take a few months. My prayers are with you!!! Big hugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2010, 08:03 AM

thanks, fell like a truck has hit me so any help would be great
Unread 04-26-2010, 10:19 AM

Awwwww, I'm so sorry to hear of the complications. But aren't you glad they got all of these issues taken out? Now you can focus on getting healthy.
Eat raisins, prunes, fresh spinach (uncooked). That should get you some iron.
Unread 04-26-2010, 01:15 PM

Thats terrible, I had some complications from endo but nothing like what you did. Im sorry. Endo had attached to my uterus bowels ovaries and abdominal walls. It is a devastating disease. I hope you get your iron level built up soon.
Unread 04-27-2010, 01:55 AM

thanks girls, gonna be having liver 3 times a week now, good job i love it
Unread 04-27-2010, 05:27 PM

Emmam:
Your surgeon was inspired to get help when he did. I was also worried about complications as a stage IV endo for many years prior to my hyster. Because of this, I also lost too much blood during surgery and had to have a blood transfusion. This caused anemia and increased bruising as well as blood pooled in the abdomen which has caused a longer recovery of vaginal bleeding (6 weeks now).

Stay in close contact with your doc over any and all symptoms during your recovery and be prepared to take longer to recover. I recommend spinach like Popeye advertised to increase iron and it also helps with the post op constipation. Remember to speak up to your med professionals if you have any questions during your recovery. Hang in there.

Unread 04-28-2010, 10:50 AM

Sorry about ur ordeal for iron also try black current drink, egg york, milk & tomatoe paste blend and drink & also grate & blend beetroot with water & drink as juice add alittle black molasses.
Unread 04-29-2010, 05:42 PM

I had complications. My surgeon went against my wishes and consequently ripped my bladder clear past my ureter. It took a urologist 8 hours to fix it. I had a stent in my ureter. I was in the hospital for a week, had a suprapubic tube catheter for 2 weeks, another surgery at 2 1/2 weeks to remove the stent and SP tube, and a regular catheter for another week. During that time, I suffered from two kidney infections and a yeast infection, constant fevers, and pain like the devil. Surprisingly, I was back to work after only 3 1/2 weeks.

I just had another surgery April 2nd to have the yucky mesh removed from my body, but the mesh was wrapped around my left ovary so it had to be removed. Instead of a 1 hour surgery, it took 2 1/2. Now I have a 4 inch cyst on my right ovary and will probably need to have more surgery to remove it.

I also think I have endo on my bowels somewhere. I am still in constant pain.

I feel for you and know exactly what you're going through. I wish you a speedy, complication-free recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register