cish ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-19-2004, 08:54 PM
cish ?

new to board ,, just finished posting an introduction...

has anyone, or is anyone undergoing hysterectomy via the cish technique? I am scheduled for this on 6/23...

Thank you bunches for all that is shared here!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2004, 08:57 PM
cish ?

Welcome!

I've never heard of the cish procedure, but hopefully somebody here has and will reply.

I wish you the best of luck for your surgery, and I hope you feel better really soon afterwards!!
Unread 06-19-2004, 10:21 PM
cish ?

Hi,

I am not familiar with cish, but did a search here on our site and found some information for you on this link.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...highlight=cish

I hope this helps. It is down on one of the replies from original post.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2004, 10:22 PM
cish ?

taken from a GYN's website in MD...

"Pelviscopic Intrafascial Hysterectomy
C*I*S*H*
C*I*S*H*(=Classic Intrafascial S.E.M.M.[serrated edge macromorcellator] Hysterectomy is the first totally laparoscopic hysterectomy, a significant alternative to traditional abdominal and vaginal hysterectomies and laparoscopy-assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH). It is only indicated for benign pelvic disorders. It fulfills all requirements for minimally invasive, organ preserving procedures. C*I*S*H* can be performed with only a few instruments by a skilled and motivated surgical team. Patients wonder about the paucity of pain, allowing for a quick recovery and healing, return to normal lifestyle, and cost reduction."
Unread 06-19-2004, 10:27 PM
cish ?

Wow! Wish I'd had one of those!

xxx
Unread 06-19-2004, 10:42 PM
cish ?

Thank you bunches .....

Although I am a nurse... *Cish* procedure was unknown to me,
per my surgeon this technique is the least disruptive to internal organs... no trauma to vaginal blood supply etc...& down time is drastically reduced.. resume activities, intercourse after 2 wks...
so we shall see.... will update on this after surgery

Ally
Unread 06-20-2004, 02:25 AM
cish ?

Quote:
“When I describe the technique to the patients I start off initially by telling them that most of the procedure regarding mobilizing or releasing the uterus from its upper support is basically the same as it is with either a normal open hysterectomy or a laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy, etc. Once we get down to the main vascular supply to the uterus including the uterosacral ligaments and cardinal ligaments of pelvic support, that’s when the procedure varies from a standard open or vaginal hysterectomy. I describe to the patients then that we in essence core out the center of the uterus like you would remove the core of an apple or a pear, which leaves a circular rim of muscle behind with all of the attachments to that circular rim of muscle. Then the uterine body is removed, and I don’t get into the details with the patients of how that’s removed but I stress to them that with leaving the pelvic floor intact there is no incision at all in the vagina. This seems to be something the patients recognize is a good concept and they’re very willing to proceed with the procedure. They accept that some little part of tissue is left behind. I describe to them that it is usually not anything of much consequence because we do take out the transition zone and cervical canal to reduce their chances of cancer.”
from: http://www.obgyn.net/displaytranscri...s2000_morrison

and here are a couple of links with more information:

http://www.obgyn.net/hysteroscopy/hy.../articles/cish

http://www.obgyn-zisow.com/CISH%20Story.htm

Clearly the technique, because it does leave behind part of the uterus, is not appropriately done in cases of endometriosis, adenomyosis or cancer. It would also not work in prolapse situations since there is little point in retaining an unhealthy pelvic ligament structure. Finally, there is some discussion in the literature suggesting that pap smears are difficult to do after a CISH because of the way part of the cervix is retained.

Hope this helps!
s,
-Linda
Unread 06-20-2004, 05:04 PM
cish ?

Thank you for all the information/links re: CISH ... find myself "wigging out " more & more as the day draws near.... just trying to surround myself w/ as much positive energy as I can !

* Linda.... thank you for sharing your clinical knowledge of this procedure... so very much appreciated !!
Unread 06-20-2004, 05:13 PM
cish ?

Also.. wanted to share how blown away my DH was to see how quickly posts & questions were replied to @ this forum......

He knows how comforting/beneficial this board has been for me....as a man he can only empathize but not truly understand/feel the chronic/debilitating pain associated around menstruation.... he is so warmed that I have found some sense of solice here....

Thanks again...............Ally

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register