Migraines | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Migraines

A little about me. I had migraines from age 17 until age 26 when I had a tublal ligation. I was advised from a nurologist that the migraines were do to the pill. I have to "pill children" and I knew I would be pregnant within the week if I stopped taking the pill. After that surgery started my endo and eventually ando nightmare. I tried Laproscopic surgeries and Lupron shots. After gaining 50 pounds and incread pain and bleeding... I told my doctor enough was enough. We decided my only option for a normal life was a hysterectomy.

So here I am, 5 weeks post op. I go from my 6 week check up on the 31 and start back to work on the Monday the 4th. In someways I can't wait. I feel like I should be doing more. I try and then I have extreme tightness in my hips and mid stomach area (where my diaphram is I believe). I work at a desk job typing on a computer all day. Not strenuous but I work on the 2nd floor with no elevator. I am nervous about the stairs. I went up the stairs in a store last week and I had to come home and take my perscription meds. Yuck.

Today I had my second migraine. I am afraid they are coming back. My husband said maybe my body is still adjusting. I am afraid I can't take hormone pills because of the migraines but don't want to be on daily meds for them either. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? I still have both my overies. I guess I should mention I had a LAVH on 2/18/05.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 01:38 AM
Migraines

I do not have an answer but am experiencing the same thing-I wanted to reply to move your ? to the top---are you on HRT? I am and figured maybe I am getting them because I have not come to a dose that really works for me

i wish you the best
Unread 03-26-2005, 06:42 AM
Migraines

No, I am not on HRT. I hope this is not a sign I will need to be put on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Migraines

Oh, you poor thing. I have had migraines since I got my first period when I was 12. The only time I didn't have them was during my pregnancies, and subsequent breastfeeding. Because of that, my ovaries were removed (had TAH w/BSO). I had one HUGE migraine the day after my surgery, knocked it out with Imitrex. Since that, I've had one headache, and while bad, it wasn't so severe that I needed to take any migraine meds. Looking back, it may have even been sinus since EVERYTHING is in bloom.

I started PremPro 3 days post-surgery. The estrogen because I'm only 34, and the progesterone because it has an effect on me of lessening migraines. If you are not taking HRT, you may still want to look into the progesterone cream, applied daily to your skin. It may just be what you need to kill those nasty hormonal migraines. Of course, you should speak to you doctor before trying anything, but my GYN said that if I notice migraines coming back, I can supplement my oral meds with the cream to see if it makes a difference.

:HUG: I hope you figure this out soon.
Unread 03-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Migraines

I have never had migraines. But i have two children who do. They were put on Topamax. Ask your Doc. about it and see what he thinks. It sure did help my children. My oldest son, will be 22 in June. He hasn't had one in years. My 15 yr old when he starts to get a headache now all he needs his some Tylenol. Bless both of them for they would get deathly ill with them.
Unread 03-28-2005, 04:30 PM
migraines too

Hi I wa just reading your site now you got me worried.I've been having migraines for over 13 years now.I take midrin on the on site of pain.I take 60mg of inderol daily which has always help.But since my surgery I have been having alot more major headaches.I'm wondering if it is because my body is trying to adjust.I don't know.But good luck to you all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
later sistercon tvh kept ovaries 6 weeks post op :confuse:
Unread 03-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Hello Ladies

I have just come off an 8 day migraine, the longest I have ever experianced. I am 42 and have gotten them since the age of 15. I had my hyst in Jan 2004 and kept one ovary. No hrt because my gyn said she didnt feel comft. putting me on it with my history of migraines. The first 3 months after my hyst no headaches.... then back they came every month again like clockwork. I take immitrex, but am getting horrid rebounds now. This last one, 8 days. I am having an MRI tomorrow to rule out any tumors, and if clear I will be going on a daily med. my heart goes out to my fellow migraine sisters. I wish I had the answers. I have heard topamax is effective. I guess we all just need to get the right med or combo of meds. Best of luck, carol
Unread 03-28-2005, 05:21 PM
migraines

Sorry to know that there are so many migraine sufferers. I had my hyster at age 44 and chose to have both ovaries out. I didn't feel that they were working correctly anyway. I immediately started hormone replacement therapy and after various forms, use the estradiol patch. I also am on a beta blocker for the prevention of migraines. Anyway, as long as I replace the patch as directed (and don't forget to do so, or have it fall off!), my migraines are much better controlled that prior to my hyster. I still get some, but usually because of other triggers that I couldn't avoid. I hope this helps. Best of luck to you all. If anyone comes up with a magic potion to get rid of these headaches forever - please let me know. Nobody deserves those horrible things!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register