What does it feel like now? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What does it feel like now? What does it feel like now?

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:22 AM
What does it feel like now?

Hi ladies. I am 4 wks post op and still in the "nothing in the vagina" stage. But I am curious, what will it feel like when I can feel inside. I can't even imagine the difference. I have no cervix at all now and wonder if I will feel anything at all. Any feedback would be helpful. I would like to be able to prepare myself and my hubby so that we know what to expect. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:55 AM

(((letsgo))) It's natural to be curious, and I'm glad you have resisted the temptation to explore yourself.

Well, the first time you and your partner explore after you've gotten the all clear from the DR, you may find it feels a bit crowded in there. There can be swelling in there for quite a long time after surgery. And, chances are pretty good that however it feels the first time is not how it's going to feel longer term, so don't worry too much if it feels strange to you.

Honestly, I don't feel much of a difference. I do have some bumpy areas because I have anterior and posterior vaginal repairs... I don't know what type of surgery you had so I can't comment on that for you. It might help others reply to you if you could fill out your member survey and list your surgery type in your profile.

I hope this helps... best wishes for a continued smooth recovery.

s,
-Linda
Unread 03-12-2006, 03:24 AM

I had LAVH
I have found no difference at all inside nor has DH.
I think it can vary a lot from one sister to the next.
Best wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2006, 09:05 AM

HI,
I am 8 weeks post op - no intercourse yet, but I have taken a "look" myself. My vagina had stretched so much from prolapse, that I was relieved to discover my vagina was much smaller. It is bumpy also, from posterior repairs and length may be shorter , or just normal. ( it was quite out of shape.) Ther is still feeling in there - I don't think lack of cervix will make a difference sexually. I also had mine out. I have yet to try it out, but am so happy it seems more normal than before. Do lots of Kegels to maintain tone.
Good luck,racine37
Unread 03-12-2006, 09:35 AM

I have never looked or felt what my vagina was like before or after surgery; but, my hubby and I didn't notice any difference with sex a few days ago. It didn't hurt, no bleeding, both of us kind of giggled that we were so stressed about things changing and nothing did!
Unread 03-12-2006, 09:50 AM

I am so glad that I stumbled upon this post. I was wondering if what I feel is normal, and was embarrassed to ask.....when I insert a finger, the front part of the vagina feels thick with like valleys on either side, and the back feels like there is a hard bump....no pain. The vagina itself feels thicker, after 9 months could it still be swollen? I haven't tried it out yet with anyone because of fright and being single, etc...(if interested, it is all in my post called, "What do we single people do about our lost libidos?"
I really wasn't expecting my vagina to be different due to my surgery being abdominal but I suppose that removing the cervix does change the whole area. I can't believe that I went into this surgery so naive...and at my age!
Is what I am feeling normal? Thanks for any input.
Unread 03-12-2006, 11:03 AM

The first time kinda felt strange..Not sure if it was because of the off limits to sex for 2 months or from everything being gone LOL...The 2nd time felt so great. Didnt feel a bit of difference at all.
Amber
Unread 03-12-2006, 04:05 PM

Thank You all!! I appreciate your feedback...and I will update my profile as soon as I study all the abbreviations and pass the quiz...whew so much to learn. Happy recovery to you all!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register