5 weeks post hysterectomy: How long until you don't feel it or think about it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post hysterectomy: How long until you don't feel it or think about it? 5 weeks post hysterectomy: How long until you don't feel it or think about it?

Unread 05-25-2015, 11:39 AM
5 weeks post hysterectomy: How long until you don't feel it or think about it?

Hello Sisters,
I'm 5 weeks out today. I realize I still have a few weeks, at least, to go. But wondering how long until you just stopped feeling pain, pressure, tingle, whatever, and your body was just normal. Your daily thoughts weren't dominated by all the craziness going on down there?
So far I'm so glad I had this surgery done. But I'm now longing to be done with it!
Kind thanks,
Cherish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2015, 12:57 PM
Re: How long until you don't feel it or think about it?

Thank you for asking this question. I am wondering the same thing. I am having a hard time being patient. I have had good days and then wham, I am sore and exhausted.
Unread 05-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Re: How long until you don't feel it or think about it?

I'm pretty sure you'll get some varied responses to this one because it seems to be different for everyone. I can tell you that I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and not quite to the point where I can forget about it. I have energy, no abdominal pain or swelling, but I still have occasional swelling and discomfort in the vaginal area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2015, 01:05 AM
5 weeks post hysterectomy: How long until you don't feel it or think about it?

Hi there, I think for me it was about 8 weeks when I actually realised that the hysterectomy wasn't dominating my thoughts anymore. By then all of my pain was gone, I was back at work and had had a couple of sessions at the gym. I think once you have done all of the usual things that you did before the op and don't get pain from doing those then your mind starts to relax day by day till you don't think about it as much. Everyone will be different but I'm about 10 or 11 weeks now and this is the first time that I've lost track of exactly how many weeks that I am as before that I knew how many days, hours, and seconds I was! I still think about it but it's not at the front of my mind now. My twinges and pressure pains seemed to diminish at about 6-7 weeks and once I had resumed an intimate relationship with my boyfriend I felt a lot more like my normal self and bit by bit it faded out of my mind. Take care
Unread 05-26-2015, 07:10 AM
Re: 5 weeks post hysterectomy: How long until you don't feel it or think about it?

It's six months today since my surgery. I'm doing well physically although having a wee still feels a bit different. Not a day goes past when I don't think about it (even just a passing thought as I'm showering or going to the toilet) but my life is well and truly back to normal, and I'm glad I had the surgery. It is a life changing experience. My thoughts are more about the fact that I experienced a major surgery and survived. Loving the period free life. I didn't realize how much the heavy bleeding was spoiling an otherwise great life.
Unread 05-26-2015, 11:55 AM
Re: 5 weeks post hysterectomy: How long until you don't feel it or think about it?

Thanks so much for your thoughtful replies, ladies.
Just reaching that point where I want to be normal.. Who'd have ever thought you could miss housework and exercise so much???
Cherish
Unread 05-26-2015, 12:35 PM

I felt pretty much back to my old self at around 4 weeks, except I still had some restrictions left to deal with. At 6 weeks, I pretty much forgot it and went completely back to my normal life.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register