I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!! I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 11-09-2009, 06:27 PM
I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!

I had my hysterectomy with TVT and A&P repairs on June 24th. I had the feeling of something being down there often and when I went in for a recheck my Surgeon said that everything was fine....... so I tried not to worry. I figured it must be something on the inside. Like maybe a ball of sutures in that area or something.

So then I started having this weird sensation when I had to urinate. It wasn't painful but it wasn't the same sensation that I used to have when I needed to pee. I figured it was my bladder healing....

Now I have the sensation after I urinate as well.... and it lasts for a minute or two at the most and then it goes away.

I also noticed that I still have the feeling of something being "down there". I check the area often and sometimes I see something and sometimes I don't.....so I figure it's nothing.

Well today I finally decided to get it checked out so I called my Surgeon to see if they would want to see me or if they would want me to see my regular Doctor. They wanted to see me.

My appointment isn't until December..... they are very busy.

So I felt ok with that but tonight after a long day of work, taking care of supper, etc... I felt a strong sensation down there. I went to the bathroom to look and I could see something almost coming out of the vagina. I pushed it back up and it came back down a bit. so I did a Kegel and it stayed up....

Well I freaked right out. What could this be? It's too soon to have post op prolapses I would think.....

I called my regular Doctor's office on call number and I'm being seen in the morning. BUT I'm freaking out.

I can't take more time off for more surgery nor can I afford to be off of work this time of year. I just feel so panicked inside. Absolutely panicked. :0(

If any of you have had similar concerns, please reply..... this is going to be one of the longest nights of my life. I feel like I'm going to have a melt down. :0(

My recovery was so smooth. I barely had any concerns. And now to be dealing with this? I am praying it's nothing but it doesn't "look" like nothing......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Re: I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!

if it was me, I would go to ER and demand a pelvic exam. Good luck and post later
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:15 PM

There is no way I could go to the ER for something like this unless it was an absolute emergency.

I am seeing my regular Doctor tomorrow morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2009, 07:19 PM

I hope it works out for you and in my humble opinion, something falling out of my vagina and me having to push it back up- would be an emergency. I hope you feel better soon. I also apologize if I have offended you and hope that you find relief soon.
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:45 PM

I understand the not wanting to go to the ER for vaginal issues, the thought of a strange ER doc doing the exam is more than I care to think about! That said, if I were you, I would go to the ER...I know the thought of going to the ER for female issues is horrible to think about, but if something is not where it is supposed to be, what if blood flow to that tissue is compromised? You don't want an infection to go with what ever is going on.

Hang in there...hugs to you! Keep us posted, I'll keep you in my prayers!
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:26 PM

If your doc. was okay with you waiting til tomorrow, I would think it's okay. But I'm not against the ER idea either. ;-) I'm sorry you have to wait til tomorrow. That sucks for you. Remember that if your doc. thought it was horrible, he would have had you go to the ER. Hang in there and try to keep your mind busy til then. Make sure you keep us posted about what happens tomorrow by replying to this post.

Take care,

Unread 11-10-2009, 08:22 AM

I will keep you in my prayers...keep us posted! And really ask your surgeon why this would happen so soon and after those repairs you had....

hugs and prayers!
Unread 11-11-2009, 05:32 AM

I saw my regular Doctor. Basically she said that I do have some vaginal prolapsing of the anterior something or other. I have some granuloma and one side is a little red and irritated while the other side looks firm and flesh colored. She said she wants me to increase the amount of Kegels I do, to empty my bladder more often, and to do Kegels after I urinate and before I stand up as that is what triggers the whatever is falling down to descend down further.

Just to clarify...... nothing has fallen "out" of me, it just falls low in the vagina and I can feel it when I'm standing or sitting. It's the sensation you would get if your tampon was ready to be removed and it was "sitting" low.....

My Doctor also told me that I don't "need surgery right away"....... ???? I honestly left there feeling a little let down by her responses. They were rather conflicting..... Yes I have some prolapsing but it's not bad enough for surgery at this point..... Well I wouldn't have thought I would need surgery for any type of prolapse this soon after getting things repaired....... June 24th was not that long ago.

My Doctor also told me to keep my appointment with the surgeon but I made up my mind I'm going to try to get in sooner....... I am a post op patient and if I have a concern I would think someone could fit me in.

Not happy right now....... to go through all of that surgery...... three hours worth and two surgeons working on me...... to already have issues? I'm not happy......
Unread 11-11-2009, 05:33 AM

PS I had to wait on my Doctor for 30 minutes as she was running behind. By the time she got to me she was rushing...... and that's why I didn't get a chance to even take notes. She was in and out.....
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:46 AM

wow I am so sorry. I cannot believe you have prolapse already? Should you seek a 2nd opinion? I have issues too. Yesterday and last night I had bladder spasms and had to pee all night long..and I feel like something is "in" me also. My cuff area had cramping all night...I am going to Drs this morning hoping and praying that its just swelling and I dont have a prolapse as I am only 7 weeks TVH - This entire time I have really never felt the cuff area (this was good) and then bam, yesterday, and all last night I was in agony. I was just checked last week and he said the cuff was healing well! Ever since I started passing stitches a few days ago, things have not been right. I had a MRI yesterday for other issues..I hope an MRI cant inflame the surgery area!

I hope the kegels do the trick for you. I do know your frustrations as I have had nothing but issues, nerve issues in hips/legs from surgery/ headaches/ anxiety/ vision problems/ and now I am scared to death that something is wrong with my cuff, or I have a prolapse.

I will keep you in my prayers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register