4 Months post-op & still feeling fatigue & pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Months post-op & still feeling fatigue & pain 4 Months post-op & still feeling fatigue & pain

Unread 05-31-2009, 10:02 AM
4 Months post-op & still feeling fatigue & pain

I've been back to work on modified office duty since April but now I'm having trouble moving from an 8 hour modified shift back to my regular 12 hour shifts (3 days - 3 nights - 6 off). I drive ore truck and the roads are very rough - lots of bouncing and sideways motion. I started at 4 hrs - progressed to 6 and then 8. Switched to nights last night and tried a 10 hour shift but had to quit at 9. Does this sound reasonable? I'm totally drained this morning and my abdomin is cramping?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Re: 4 Months post-op & still feeling fatigue & pain

I can't speak to the bouncing and jostling, as I have no experience with that, but I know how you feel with the lack of energy. I am a month behind you, and my schedule is nowhere as gruling as yours is. I am a SAHM, but I am struggling with the energy thing! I think this is what has led to my 10 lb weight gain, as I still have my ovaries. Definitely something I will bring up with my family doctor when I see him next. My gyne told me that unless I have issues with hormones (which I am thinking that the fatigue may be caused by), I don't need to go back to see him. I am still taking iron pills, even though my iron levels are back up to normal. My gyne told me that it was okay to finish the bottle. Only a few left!
I haven't had issues with cramping. BUT..........I have not had any spotting since leaving the hospital.........until last night! I had a yeast infection that I used the ovules to take care of, and then last night, the first sex I've had since the yeast infection, and I end up spotting. What the heck??

Sorry to hear you are still struggling. I don't know if you still have your ovaries or not, but maybe it's worth a call to the doctor to have your hormone levels checked. If not that, maybe iron levels? They would know your situation best.

I just wanted you to know that you are not alone!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register