bleeding might have overdone it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bleeding might have overdone it bleeding might have overdone it

Unread 09-23-2011, 03:43 PM
bleeding might have overdone it

Felt good today - didnt do too too much. some light laundry, dishes and drove to the bank. I just got out of the shower and when I went to dry down there the towel had a bright red streak of what looks like new blood. Not the light brown spotting that I had lately.

I'm not in any pain - but I'm freaking out a bit. Its not tons but I'm gonna lay down for the rest of the evening and see if it slows up. I sure hope I didnt bust something inside

Tomorrow I'm supposed to take my son for his class pictures and I dont think I should push it....ugh not now, I dont need this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Re: bleeding might have overdone it

You may have over done it a bit. I woukd bleed everytime I did. If you soak a pad an hour you need to head to the nearest E.R. or if you are in alot of pain otherwise bed rest is a great idea. Take care of yourself.

Tracy
Unread 09-23-2011, 07:57 PM

Thank you for replying - since ive been laying down i havent had any bleeding (i keep checking my pad like a nervous nelly) but when get up to pee and wipe there is blood tho not as much as before. Ive read where its common by over doing it but at the time it didnt seem like it was too much. I dont have any pain just the normal 'aches'. Guess that shows me. Back to 'resting' & next time i'll remember to slow it down.

And my BFF volunteered to take my son for his SR. pics tommorrow so i can continue to rest. Looks like it will be netflix and movies for the weekend - again...sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 08:24 PM

I do that every time I do more than walk around my house. As hellkat said, anything more than a pad an hour means get to the ER! The first time I did that I freaked myself out because it wasn't just a tad bit, it was a lot. Bed rest helped and now I get bright red only when I over do. Which I never know I have until I do.

Doesn't seem like we do a lot but I guess it does to our healing bodies. Take care....rest and let us know.
Unread 09-23-2011, 09:06 PM

Same here. Today was the 1st day I actually felt like I could be up more. Did a little vacuuming and one load of laundry and took a very short walk and went to dinner. Went to the bathroom and surprise. Bright red. Talk about panic. I've only lightly spotted since the surgery. So glad that this is something that others are going through. This web-site has helped me more than I ever though possible. I would definitely call my doc if I thought it was anything very serious but all of my small questions have been answered by the ladies here.
Unread 09-23-2011, 10:36 PM

HollieAyne, hold off on the vacuuming! My doc said no vacuuming, sweeping or raking for 8 weeks. Other friends who have had hysterectomies said the movement of those chores is too much for abdominal muscles. Please be careful!

Hope there is someone else in your house that can help you!
Unread 09-23-2011, 10:48 PM

Yes.
It is early yet.
You need to rest.
Call your doctor on Monday, just in case.
If you bleed more at a steady rate, go to the ER immediately.
Good Luck and sorry this is happening.
Unread 09-24-2011, 06:11 AM

Woke up this morning and only had the normal spotting, more of a brownish color then red which is what I've been use to. I also had to take another suppository (joy) but it worked and I feel less bloated.
I'm just gonna couch surf the rest of the day and keep taking it easy.

I want to thank all the ladies on this forum for their support, it has been such a great help to me!! So now we know REST means REST. I think someone on here said HEAL not HERO...wise words
Unread 09-24-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellkat View Post
Woke up this morning and only had the normal spotting, more of a brownish color then red which is what I've been use to. I also had to take another suppository (joy) but it worked and I feel less bloated.
I'm just gonna couch surf the rest of the day and keep taking it easy.

I want to thank all the ladies on this forum for their support, it has been such a great help to me!! So now we know REST means REST. I think someone on here said HEAL not HERO...wise words
Hi
I am glad that you feel better, hellkat.
I am somewhat sensitive to your story because a friend of mine at work overdid it by driving too early, cleaning, cooking meals, then going on a ride to the mountains with her DH.
This is all 2 weeks post op. She said that she felt like it was no big deal, until she got in the shower and was bleeding a lot.
She couldn't stop the bleeding and it was very heavy, so her DH wisely called 911.
The doctor said that had she waited much longer, she might have bled to death.

I am glad that you are being careful. Take care.
Unread 09-24-2011, 09:38 AM

Guess it was overdoing it. Woke up today and went the bathroom. Alot of red in the toilet and passed a big clot. Called my doctor and was told it was okay but that I have to remember to take it easy. I felt so good yesterday too. Guess that's a false sense of security. It's the couch for me today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register