LAVH I wish I had never had this stupid hysterectomy surgery!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I wish I had never had this stupid hysterectomy surgery!! I wish I had never had this stupid hysterectomy surgery!!

Unread 04-29-2014, 06:54 AM
I wish I had never had this stupid hysterectomy surgery!!

Right now, I'm at a point that I wish I hadn't had the surgery
I should have tried all the alternatives FIRST!!!
I stay so uncomfortable, all the time!! A BM is so very painful to my stomach, it knocks my breath away and enough to make me cry.
I can't sleep all night.
I stay cold all day
I have night sweats and can't get comfortable.
My back and shoulders are killing me.
My nipples are so sensitive and painful, I don't even want to move.
I just hate this!! HATE IT!!! I just want to be back to normal!
I have had to endure trip to the ER, chest X-Rays, CT scan with the burning contrast. being stuck 6 times by 5 different people because they're idiots!
Incision opened up and is scarring horribly!
I stay achy all the time and get dizzy and nauseated
I go back to work in 2 days and I don't know how the HE** I'm going to do it!!
I hurt if I sit too long, I hurt if I lay down too long, I hurt if I'm on my feet too long!!
I wish I have never done this!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 04-29-2014, 07:06 AM
Re: I wish I had never had this stupid hysterectomy surgery!!

Stacy I'm so sorry. Can you am for more time off? Two weeks out I was still horrible.
I'm four out now and feel pretty good. Hugs, it does get better.
Unread 04-29-2014, 07:15 AM

It's going to be ok- you had the surgery because it was necessary. I'm sorry that you're going through so much that it's making you regret it, but in the long run, you did what you had to do, and while it sucks now, you're going to be better off than ever once your recovery time is up.

Your doctor may be able to prescribe you something for the blunt majority of your symptoms- and I hope (s)he can or knows what will help (besides all the rest you can handle and plenty of fluids!).

Give it time, and you'll be back to normal- not the normal from when you were in pain and hurting, but the normal where you don't have to worry about leaving bloodstains on people's couches and being in unbearable pain for days/weeks at a time. We're here for you too <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2014, 07:28 AM

Stacyleah, I'm so sorry to hear that! I felt the same way a few days ago. I ended up in the hospital with septic shock. My nurse told me that if I hadn't come back in the ER, I wouldn't have made it through the night. I couldn't eat anything for almost a week, and had many other issues.
It was awful, and I cried to my husband that I shouldn't have done the procedure, but then I got on some antibiotics and arnica. Things changed within a few days. Aside from a yeast infection (they warned me I would probably get one after all the hospital antibiotics), I am feeling almost like myself.
I'm sure they have tried it, but if not, maybe antibiotics could possibly help? Maybe you have some type of infection? I know you've had a CT scan. My CT scan showed no sign of infection, but my body was in septic shock, so it was there somewhere.
Hugs to you! Hang in there. I know it will be worth it down the road.
Unread 04-29-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljm5420 View Post
Stacyleah, I'm so sorry to hear that! I felt the same way a few days ago. I ended up in the hospital with septic shock. My nurse told me that if I hadn't come back in the ER, I wouldn't have made it through the night. I couldn't eat anything for almost a week, and had many other issues.
It was awful, and I cried to my husband that I shouldn't have done the procedure, but then I got on some antibiotics and arnica. Things changed within a few days. Aside from a yeast infection (they warned me I would probably get one after all the hospital antibiotics), I am feeling almost like myself.
I'm sure they have tried it, but if not, maybe antibiotics could possibly help? Maybe you have some type of infection? I know you've had a CT scan. My CT scan showed no sign of infection, but my body was in septic shock, so it was there somewhere.
Hugs to you! Hang in there. I know it will be worth it down the road.
Thanks ladies
I just don't feel right and I just want to lay in bed and cry.
I just sent a message to my dr about antibiotics. We'll see if she will call in a prescription and if she does, if they help. I'm up for anything right now just to feel alive! I feel half dead!!
Unread 04-29-2014, 08:01 AM

Not sure if it's something that you're into, but something that can take your mind off of it all would be good- maybe a game night with some friends/family? Cards/board games would let you get up and move when you need to, and some of them you could just sit on the couch and relax while playing. Maybe a date night with a special someone (at home, most likely) could help you too?

(I'd avoid twister right now though :-))
Unread 04-29-2014, 08:05 AM

I'm 5 weeks out. I felt the same way you did my first 2 weeks. It gets better. I can honestly say I feel good. My post op visit is actually today. Allow your body the rest it needs, it helps.
Good luck! !!!!! I wish you a speedy recovery! !!!!!
Unread 04-29-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lialane View Post
Not sure if it's something that you're into, but something that can take your mind off of it all would be good- maybe a game night with some friends/family? Cards/board games would let you get up and move when you need to, and some of them you could just sit on the couch and relax while playing. Maybe a date night with a special someone (at home, most likely) could help you too?

(I'd avoid twister right now though :-))
I stay in the living room most of the time and go out in the garage while my husband is remodeling for his "man cave"
but, it doesn't help with the achy, cold feeling I have. Hubby has health issues as well and neither of us feel much like doing anything.

lol, no twister
Unread 04-29-2014, 10:05 AM

So sorry you're having such a hard time. You've obviously been through the wars but try not to second guess your decision to have this surgery. Can you get anymore time off work? Even another week may help, just to get you over this hump. I truly feel for you sweetie, please hang in there. Keep us posted, won't you?
Big Hugs,
Lisa xxx
Unread 04-29-2014, 11:45 AM

Oh sweetie....I'm so sorry! You are SO VERY EARLY in your recovery! I promise it will get better. If you can take more time off I would! I just started feeling more like myself around 8-9 wks post op...I'm almost 11 wks & other than a little swelly belly at the end of the day, feeling tired a little easier (but that has improved 100% in the past few weeks) & wanting to lose some weight I feel better than I have in years! It does get better! I think weeks 2-4 were my worst ones! I can't imagine having to have worked as well. Wishing you a quick turn around, strength to persevere, & peace to be able to heal & relax.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register