surgery because of tamoxifen, anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery because of tamoxifen, anyone else? surgery because of tamoxifen, anyone else?

Unread 03-08-2011, 11:44 AM
surgery because of tamoxifen, anyone else?

Hi I am Vicky. I am 48 years old, married one child and 2 step children. I am scheduled for robot hysterectomy on March 17th. I am getting very nervous and scared. I have been reading alot on the forums. I am having a hysterectomy because I am on tamoxifen after having breast cancer 2 1/2 years ago. The tamoxifen has caused my uterine lining to thicken. I am having my ovaries removed also. The last few days I have been feeling so sad. I cant wait to get this over with. Has anyone else had a hysterectomy for this reason?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Re: surgery because of tamoxifen, anyone else?

Vicky,
I am scheduled for da vinci hyst/bso on friday. I am almost 3 years (in May)out from bc dx, have been on tamoxifen for 2 1/2 and have had numerous uterine issues incuding US's and bx's (thick endo stripe, growing fibroids and ov cysts, and some bleeding)presumaby from the T. Since I was E + my ovaries are going too. I will be glad to have this potential time bomb removed although I am not looking forward to another surgery, even a da vinci, and am hoping he will not have to convert to abdominal. I've been fighting this surgery for at least a year, but after the last scare, I feel ready.
Are you having a gyn-onc do your surgery? We decided it would be the best course of action for me, although I am thinking positively about the outcome.
Try to think of it as clearing out those potential sites for spread or mets, and therefore less to worry about.
I guess we will both be switching to an AI post op.
I will let you know how it goes.
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:24 PM

No I was told that the gyn-onc. wouldnt see me unless I had gyn cancer. My surgery is going to be done by my gyn that I have been going to for years. He knows about all of the issues I have been having. Please let me know how your surgery goes. I am not looking forward to more surgery either. It seems like since the breast cancer there is always something to deal with. Good luck to you on Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2011, 02:10 PM

Thanks Vicky,
It does seem like it's always something.. like you can never completely put the beast out of your mind. I've had 2 mri's in the past two weeks (breast and head), and waiting for the results is like a newly invented torture. It seems to follow us around like a lost puppy. Just when you breath and half forget, it's there licking your face (not in a nice way, lol).
We will both come through with flying colors and live to see our grandchildren get married!
(((())))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register