Post op nightmare - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op nightmare Post op nightmare

Unread 04-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Re: Post op nightmare

Hello Cath...That is awesome u had a wonderful visit with your doc..Praise God, He is soooooo Good as He hears our prayers and He knows our deepest hearts...Ime so thrilled it went well for you..And the best thing to do when thinking were going to face upsets, or confrontations is wait and be peaceful as we never know how it will all turn out...if we start with a defense even when were in the right, sometimes that can get very ugly too..So thanks be to God for His mighty work for you during your appt..we have a God of Peace and Love..Ime not sure where you set your faith cath,,but as for my beliefs its in the Lord..We never know how our day will be or go, but God knows...So as far as you thinking you may have withdrawals from all the meds u have been on,,ime only guessing here, but ime sure your going to be okay, as cuz u say u still have lots of meds left at home and havent needed many...so from what you have said i think u can rest assured your not addicted..also that new prescript ur doc gave u, if you still have lots than u really dont need to even get the prescript filled...Again ime so thrilled for you that all went well at your appt..now u can rest and be at peace...Peace be with u
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2012, 07:59 AM

Thank you so much Angel peace. Your words are so comforting. I can almost feel a wave of peace come over me when I read your posts!
Unread 04-18-2012, 07:06 PM

When you were taking the pain medicines you needed them because of the extreme pain. I seriously doubt if you will have an issue with going off them. Obviously don't do it in one day but your body doesn't get addicted if you need the medicine. What might happen is more of an adjustment where you need a little more to help with the pain. Sorry can't think of word for it. Try not to worry about it.
As I said before, I am allergic to pain meds but before we discovered my allergies, I needed pretty high dose of pain medicine due to having a horse slam me into a wall. As I healed, I needed less and less and didn't have any problem coming off it. My only problem was suddenly having a allergy so we had to switch. So glad to see that your doc was more normal.
Unread 04-18-2012, 07:18 PM

I've had situations in the past for which I've needed significant pain meds. When the pain subsided, I had no problem reducing and stopping the pain meds, so don't worry. Glad this doctor appointment went so much better than last time.
Unread 04-18-2012, 07:30 PM

I was just checking the forums before heading to bed, so I didn't have time to read all the responses.

Just wanted to say that I am so sorry for what you went through. I really hope you are doing better now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register