Please read I wanted to share this with all of you!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please read I wanted to share this with all of you!! Please read I wanted to share this with all of you!!

Unread 06-09-2002, 10:40 PM
Please read I wanted to share this with all of you!!

This is an email I sent out to my family and friends to explain a little about what I have to deal with, I thought I would share it with all you and you can let me know your thoughts and comments. Thank you ladies for all your love, thoughts, prayers and support.

I would like to explain a little about why you are recieving this email. We all like to read and send emails that are jokes, look at funny pics. and even send some that in some way touch our heart about people we usually have no idea who they are, but in someway we try to put ourselves in their shoes and know how they felt, without even knowing if it was true or not. But this email is different, you are recieving this email because you are a friend, parent, or loved one to whom this greatly concerns. Some of wich have to deal with this on a daily basis and see the changes that occur to the one you love, and as for the others that do not watch this daily, you are the ones to whom this is meant for , so you can some how try to relate and relieze that I am not some stuck up friend trying to avoid your every call. I have tried many times before to sit down and write this and couldnt seem to find the words, but for some reason tonite was the night it hit me. I no longer have to be ashamed of how I feel so here ya go.............................................................

For those of you who don’t already know, I have endometriosis. Endo, for short, is the growth of uterine cells outside of the uterus in the pelvic cavity. It causes debilitating pain, infertility, loss of organs due to endo growths, anxiety, depression, dysfunctional immune system, and a host of other problems. I have suffered with endo now for several years without truely being diagnosed until this last november. Since November my life has been completely turned upside down. I have had 3 surgeries and am now on my way for the 4th one on the 21st of this month....wich take a guess.....FULL Hysterectomy......Yes, I am 27 years old and in desperate need of a full removal of my reproductive system. Though apart of me is relieved the other part of me is at a loss, a loss of words, a loss of who I am, and most of all A loss of who I will be tommorow. Endo has tore my life apart and not only mine but the lives of those I love. My husband, and my parents have been my angels in disguise through all this, they have held my hand, wiped my tears, and supported me in everyway. Though there are times I wish and have even tried to get them to just give up on me and let me waller in my misery alone, They have never gave up, and how they have stayed so strong I will never know. When I found out I was in need of the hyst. I fought it, I got a 2nd and even a 3rd opinion, I was living a nightmare, though I didnt want anymore children, nor would I probably been able to have any more due to the endo because of its cause of infertility. I know what you all are thinking if I have endo and it is a cause of infertility, how do I have children, Well I was one of the lucky ones to beable to concieve, but remember I had my first child at the Early age of 16, and My last child at the age of 21. I have had many docs tell me that though I was so young thank God I had them then or I probaly would have never been able to concieve. I so consider myself lucky, but the thought of the hyst feels like I am loosing my identity as a whole and complete women. But getting back to the point of this email, What I hope to accomplish by writing to all of you to spread the word about endometriosis. Having suffered for so long without anyone knowing what was wrong with me. Having found a support group this last year online, I am meeting women all over the world with endo. These women have changed my outlook on life, and given me the courage to fight this disease. I now have a place to go where my pain, depression and hopelessness is understood completely. Our frustration with doctors telling us the pain is in our heads, and not real, is so common and sad. All of us endo ladies have had horrible nightmarish trips to the ER, and I would rather have another surgery than have to go to ER for pain relief again. I know of one 32 yr old lady that has had 18 surgeries with a hysterectomy at age 29, and a 17yr old girl with 6 endo surgeries already behind her. These too are still suffering daily the pain of endometriosis. The scary part about the surgeries is that scar tissue forms after these surgeries, so while the endo can be removed, if it can be found, pain relief can be short lived when the scar tissue grows and causes it’s own host of problems. Endometriosis is estimated to affect 5 million women in the US. The average women is mis-diagnosed for 7yrs. There is no known cure or cause. Pregnancy, hysterectomy and hormone treatments are NOT cures. The hormone treatments, and surgeries some of these endo sufferers are going thru is downright scary at best. We are mostly guinea pigs to the medical profession. If you have read this far, then you are the ones that desereve to read this very last part. You are the ones who wont give up on me no matter what and you are the ones who truely deserve the title MY TRUE FRIEND, though most of you I used to talk to, go visit, hang out and just laugh, though I do not do that anymore, please remember It is not because you are not loved, missed or important to me, It is simply just because I am not my old self anymore and I simply can not find the energy to give anyone other that my family at this time, because I just dont have it anymore, Endo has robbed me, robbed my family and My friends of the Kristi they once knew and loved. So as a face this (hopefully) last surgery pray that it will beat the endo, so I can be complete again! Thank you all for taking the time to read this and hopefully it has given you some light at the end of this long dark tunnel that I travel daily. again, If you have read this far, thank you. Your support, love, friendship, and understanding have meant the world to me.
Love you all,
Kristi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2002, 04:59 AM

Hi Kristi

That's a wonderful explanation to your family and friends about what is going on in your life, and even to others here who may not have personal experience with endo. I hope all of your friends and family are able to be as supportive as you deserve.

There is a prayer forum https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for....php?forumid=9 where you can also ask others to pray for you, if this would be a help to you.

Another forum that may also help you is aching hearts https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for....php?forumid=8

Blessings and best wishes to you.
Unread 06-10-2002, 10:09 AM

Kristi

I can completely relate to your letter you sent to your loved ones. I too am 27 and have endo. You are so right about endo changing the person that we are. I have had endo pain since my first period at age 11, mind you I was not diagnosed till I was 20 and no pain meds till I was 14-15yrs old. The ER trips are really getting awful especially now the nursing staff know me now when I come in. The only nice part is they know what to do right away when I show up, still embarassing though.

I understand about children being "a God sent". I was 18 when I had my DD and now she will be the only child I ever have. Kind of hard to swallow these days. Everything happens for a reason, sometime it just takes a while to figure out what that reason is.

My thoughts, love and support go out to you and your family. Good Luck with your surgery and here is to brighter future

Kerri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register