Scheduled dVH/RALH Scheduled for 9/2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scheduled for 9/2 Scheduled for 9/2

Unread 07-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Scheduled for 9/2

Greetings from the lone star state. First off I would like to check and see if anyone else is scheduled for 9/2/09?
I will be getting a da vinci hyst.
The Dr. is not certain if I will be keeping my cervix yet or not. I always thought my cervix was my problem, as I was having pain w/ intercourse, bleeding after intercourse, breakthrough bleeding, and my paps would come back with inflammation. But idk about my so called assumption any longer.
I definately won't be keeping my left ovary as it is displaced and seems to have an ugly looking cyst on it. I have a follow up appt 8/6 and I'll find out more about that. I would like to keep my right ovary as I'm only 32 years young and I really don't want to have to deal w/ HRT just yet.

Prepare for whining in 3....2....1....
Ok so I'm under the impression that this adenomyosis doesn't appear overnight....So I'm a bit upset w/ my 1st Dr. as after all the pain and symptoms I was having she never ever sent me for more than a TVS or Limited US. Why????? Looking at all the symptoms and what not, I'm a classic case. I know some Drs are more conservative than others but come on!!!! She could've did a sono-hist, l-scope, h-scope, something!!!!
I've been dealing with this since my youngest daughter 8 years ago and I feel like she should've done more.
I finally had to see a new Dr. as everytime I would have the pain/bleeding episodes she would request an appt for examination and half the time I couldn't get in.
The 2nd OB/GYN was very helpful and discovered I had an ectroprion and used cryo for treatment. But needless to say, that didn't take care of the problem. I finally made the decision to inquire about a da vinci hyst since I have 3 beautiful children and I'm so ready to be done with all these issues! There's nothing worse than having a "love session" w/ my DH and not being able to relax and cuddle after because I don't want to get up as I know and feel we are both covered in blood and instead of being lovey dovey, I've gotta clean up the crime scene that just happened in my bed! I know, I know, probably TMI right?
The 2nd Dr. doesn't do the da vinci so that brings me to my 3rd Dr. He is very informative and after doing the examination, TVS, and sono-hist discovered the adenomyosis/ possible endometriosis (he said they usually go with one another and by the looks of my ovary being matted down in place). He also told me that my Novasure didn't ablate anything and my lining looks like I've never had it done, which makes me more upset with the 1st Dr again. Now I know the lining can grow back over time, but it's only been 2 years since my procedure.
I feel like I'm rambling....let me get to the point...
Why didn't I get diagnosed sooner? How long does it take to develop? I feel so cheated
There's no since on dwelling on the past and I'm trying to stay positive and focus on the future but I'm so upset. Not only because of my diagnosis but how long it took to get it.
I should've changed Dr.s far sooner than I did.
I guess after all is said and done it's probably all my fault.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Re: Scheduled for 9/2

Hi aceprincess76

It's hard to know when to change doctors sometimes--or even to get a second opinion.

The important thing is that now you have a diagnosis and you know your next step. And just think how much better you'll feel after you've recovered from the surgery and don't have to deal with the pain and bleeding anymore!

You may be interested in a special Roundtable Discussion we have scheduled Wednesday evening this week at 8 pm central time: Exploring Hysterectomy Options: A daVinci Patient's Story. We'll have a HysterSisters member who had a daVinci hysterectomy as well as a representative from daVinci to share what they know about this type of procedure. I hope you can join us so you can learn more about the surgery you'll be having.

Meanwhile, I'm glad you've found us here. Although you feel like you've wasted some time getting here, you're here now. You'll find that the women here are supportive and encouraging as they share their experiences to help you on your way.

Unread 07-26-2009, 09:18 PM

OMG!!! You sound like me. I have been having problems for years (10) I was told I had exploding cyst, PID, HPV, the begginings of cervical cancer, my cervix was froze, very heavy periods (3 a month) I also had the ablation my lining only took 7 months to grow fully back, the doctor was shocked wanted to do it again then told me at the end of the conversation that he dont do hysterectomies, the light went off and I went to another doctor. I was told that I have adnomyosis and needed a hysterectomy. But like you I was wondering why this was not seen over the last 10 years. I cant get an answer from any doc, so I am just going with what I know now and glad that it will be all over soon. I have my surgery Aug. 11th and I cant wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2009, 09:42 PM

Good luck and may you have a speedy smooth recovery
hugs
Lisa
Unread 07-28-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernors13 View Post
OMG!!! You sound like me. I have been having problems for years (10) I was told I had exploding cyst, PID, HPV, the begginings of cervical cancer, my cervix was froze, very heavy periods (3 a month) I also had the ablation my lining only took 7 months to grow fully back, the doctor was shocked wanted to do it again then told me at the end of the conversation that he dont do hysterectomies, the light went off and I went to another doctor. I was told that I have adnomyosis and needed a hysterectomy. But like you I was wondering why this was not seen over the last 10 years. I cant get an answer from any doc, so I am just going with what I know now and glad that it will be all over soon. I have my surgery Aug. 11th and I cant wait.
Wow our cases are very similar....Which method will you be having?
Good luck to you as the 11th is just around the corner.
Unread 07-28-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaanne2 View Post
Good luck and may you have a speedy smooth recovery
hugs
Lisa
Thank you
Unread 07-28-2009, 09:57 PM

[quote=fritzi64;2958376]Hi aceprincess76

Thank you, I will most certainly be tuning in.
Unread 07-29-2009, 01:30 AM

Best wishes to you. I had the daVinci surgery and it was the best thing for me. I will be 6 weeks post op this Friday, and had all of my restrictions (except lifting over 8 lbs) lifted yesterday!

Unread 07-30-2009, 08:08 PM

[quote=GeorgiaPeach300;2960631]Best wishes to you. I had the daVinci surgery and it was the best thing for me. I will be 6 weeks post op this Friday, and had all of my restrictions (except lifting over 8 lbs) lifted yesterday!

QUOTE]

That's so great your surgery went well. I'm happy for you.
So how did you feel about 2 weeks post op? I'm asking because I really need to get back to work as soon as I can. Times are hard these days and production is low at the job so I'm really worried about being layed off. But I've also been able to heal pretty quickly in the past so Idk....
I went back to work after my 3rd child 2 weeks out. I was developing ppd and I've never experienced that with my 2 daughters. It really scared and freaked me out. I thought getting back to normal would the best thing for me. It also helped that my boss let me bring my baby the 1st week.
I had my tubal at the same time of delivery so I was really uncomfortable with all the gas but nothing major.
Unread 07-30-2009, 08:21 PM

aceprincess:

I know how you feel. I was under the care of a doctor for six years and had my annual exams done religiously. My job transferred me to a different state 2 1/2 years ago so I had to get a new doctor. I must say he is the most thorough I have ever had. Anyway.... He immediately began finding things that were wrong. I know this did not happen over night. This left me very upset with the first doctor. I will be having a TAH sometime this December.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register