TLH 5-6 week post op hysterectomy doctor visit | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5-6 week post op hysterectomy doctor visit 5-6 week post op hysterectomy doctor visit

Unread 08-20-2014, 03:48 PM
5-6 week post op hysterectomy doctor visit

Hi. This Friday will be 6 weeks post op for me. i have had a very hard recovery. Lots of pain and tons of bruising. I am feeling better this week, but I am still very tired and want to nap alot. I can't sleep at night, and rarely do I nap during the day as I have my 17 month old son home with me. Are any of you having trouble not sleeping? I asked the doctor about it, and he said I would just have to learn to deal with it. Also, i have read on here how some are having sex after their 6 to 8 week visit. My doctor told me no sex at all for 2 more months. something about the type of 3 month disolving stitches he used. anybody else been told to wait that long for sex? My husband is like "what?" And he said that I still cannot lift anything over a gallon of milk. My next appointment is in 4 months. Does this sound noral to any of you?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Re: 5-6 post op doctor visit

Wow I had TAH 7-10-14 and 6 week was totday and he lift the restriction for sex too. He did exam and said healing good.
I can't believe it 6 weeks and good to go.
Best of luck
Downing67🙏
Unread 08-20-2014, 05:01 PM

Well if he used some special sutures and says to wait then you should wait. I don't think there is a normal anymore.. all these Dr's have similar yet different rules.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2014, 06:07 PM

I agree wait if doctors says too. You only get one time to heal . Just because gave me green light I'm still taken it slow. I wish you best.
Downing67🙏
Unread 08-20-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsian100 View Post
Hi. This Friday will be 6 weeks post op for me. i have had a very hard recovery. Lots of pain and tons of bruising. I am feeling better this week, but I am still very tired and want to nap alot. I can't sleep at night, and rarely do I nap during the day as I have my 17 month old son home with me. Are any of you having trouble not sleeping? I asked the doctor about it, and he said I would just have to learn to deal with it. Also, i have read on here how some are having sex after their 6 to 8 week visit. My doctor told me no sex at all for 2 more months. something about the type of 3 month disolving stitches he used. anybody else been told to wait that long for sex? My husband is like "what?" And he said that I still cannot lift anything over a gallon of milk. My next appointment is in 4 months. Does this sound noral to any of you?

Thanks!
Sorry to hear of your bruising issues.
I haven't slept right through the night once since I got home from my TAH on July 19th. I toss and turn a lot to try to find a comfortable position. My 6 week post op appointment is on Monday the 25th. My advice is to go by what your doctor says. Our bodies have been through a major surgery and it's going to take time to get us back to where we once used to be in many regards. I am in no rush for the sex part.... it was very painful for me with all of my endometriosis over the years. When I feel my body is ready to give it a go - we will, hubby will just have to be understanding.

Take care
Unread 08-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Re: 5-6 week post op hysterectomy doctor visit

Thanks for the replies. Im not trying to rush anything, its just that on here everyone seems to get the ok for everything at their 6 week post op. I was just wondering if anyone elses doctors told them anything different. As for the not sleeping, im still not sleeping, and I can only sleep propped up and on my back. Not good because I used to be a side sleeper. Any suggestions?
Unread 08-20-2014, 09:11 PM

I had a TAH on July 8th. I had my 6 week appointment yesterday and the dr told me to wait 5 more weeks until intercourse.
I'm feeling still very tired. But I'm able to sleep good at night I use a lot of pillows and sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs, one in my back and one in front of me. I'm still taking ibuprofen before going to bed.
Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 08-20-2014, 09:31 PM

My doc said minimum 12 weeks on sex and all restrictions. Now my sutures in my cuff are infected she says it could lead to separation so I may even be longer than that. You definitely dont want to rush!
Unread 08-21-2014, 11:11 AM

HI I had my surgery July 15 I am now at 5 weeks had my check up yesterday and the dr did a pelvic exam and said everything looked good but I still had some sutures but there dissolving but he told me to still wait the full two months before sex but I dont have any other check up appointments does anyone else have that problem? I don't sleep either I toss and turn all night long
Unread 08-21-2014, 12:20 PM

Lots of sleeping issues too, started around four weeks. Very uncomfortable and pain filled nights and just can't get comfy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register