Endometrial Ablation with Essure procedure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial Ablation with Essure procedure Endometrial Ablation with Essure procedure

Unread 05-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Endometrial Ablation with Essure procedure

Hi everyone! I am scheduled for an endometrial ablation and Essure procedure Monday morning. I currently have endometriosis (known condition of 8 years) and now have minor andenomyosis detected today with an ultrasound, borderline anemia due to twice monthly heavy periods, and a few small fibroids. My GYN thinks the ablation will help with bleeding and clots. I do not want any more children and when the doctor suggested the Essure procedure, since I would already be sedated for the ablation, it sounded like a good idea. However, after doing more research it appears Essure has a lot of possible negative side effects - some severe. Does anyone have any experience with Essure? At this point I am ready to tell my doctor right before the ablation thanks but no thanks to the Essure procedure. THANKS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2016, 07:58 AM
Re: Endometrial Ablation with Essure procedure

I am not trying to scare you but I have heard terrible things about Essure and seen photos of the aftermath of them. They have a black label warning on them right now, and are being investigated heavily by the FDA. If you are already going to be out, I would recommend a tubal ligation at the same time, yes there is more recovery involved, but I was able to go back to work the Tuesday after mine with minimal pain. Ended up not being the end of the road for me since the albation didn't work...but that is a different store!

I hope whatever you choose works out well for you, but I would definitely do more research and maybe get second opinion Good luck
Unread 05-07-2016, 08:15 PM
Re: Endometrial Ablation with Essure procedure

Thank you for the reply! I decided to only have the ablation and will rely on another form of birth control for the time being. The risks of Essure are not worth it after doing more research and taking a honest look at my situation. What a scary product! The government should pull this from the market.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register