New question about peroid befor surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New question about peroid befor surgery New question about peroid befor surgery

Unread 11-09-2003, 07:20 PM
New question about peroid befor surgery

Well~
Ive gotten my peroid again, or well.. im bleeding again..
went a whole 18 days between this time.. but i have to tell you~
the cramping and pain is just massive..
Like never before. I have been seriously hurting for the last 4 days like unbelivable...
Im wondering how many of you, also had more and more cramping and pain with your peroids, right before and up until surgery??
I mean did they continue to get worse n worse?
Im also sitting here, thinking ~ Man I am so glad that im having this surgery~ I In NO WAY could continue on and on like this every 2 weeks..
<Lin>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2003, 08:00 PM
Hi LuvsDragons,

My period got heavy right before my surgery and the cramps were worse. I don't know if it was the stress of everything that caused it or what.

It is a good idea to let the dr know if it goes on too long or too heavy. They want you healthy and strong for your surgery. Ladies sometimes can get anemic and that is why they like to know, and will check your blood levels to see if they are where they are supposed to be.

Well, I hope you feel better, just remember you don't have too much longer to put up with the painful periods.

s
Unread 11-09-2003, 09:16 PM

My last period before surgery was actually the easiest one I'd had in quite a while. I really had doubts then if surgery was the right decision. But realistically I knew that the easy period was just a fluke. Mine had been getting progressively worse for to long to think that I was cured all of a sudden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2003, 06:25 AM

Thank's.. Im gonna give him a call this morning.. Not only because of the pain, but becasue im bleeding so heavy~
Thursday i was sittin n watching TV, and oh the pains that hit me were ~ whooooo bad! and then that is when the bleeding became heavier.. Im wondering if there is bleeding like that when cyst's rupture.?? anyone out there know??
Last time the cyst ruptured, the pain was horrible like that, but I cant recall alot of heavy bleeding..
altho~ they did say in the ER that alot of the pain I was having was due to the free standing 'fluid' up in there..
Now Im realyl wondering if maybe them cyst's didnt finally blow..
?????
Hummmmm???
Unread 11-10-2003, 06:40 AM
It's gotta be the stress

Good Morning,

I know exactly what you are feeling, I haven't gone 4 days straight for the last 1 1/2 years with out either bleeding or cramping and it seems to be getting worse and worse.

Definitely call you doctor, I'm anemic and my surgery is on the 24th so blood levels are important. It's a nasty circle, you feel physically bad and therefore literally drained and weak, which makes you emotionally stressed which makes it harder to feel physically better.

All I can say is lots of iron and eating right can't hurt and call your doctor...today, (waiting never makes anything better)

Happy Monday,
Unread 11-10-2003, 08:40 AM

WOW! i couldnt imagine going that long in pain & bleeding.. shhhheshh her i am, complaining about it and its only been a few months..
I talked to the doc.. he said If I am still bleeding this much come Wednesday he wants me to go in and have blood work done.. and he told me to double up on the pain med's, continue to rest and drink lotz of fluids..
so~ im waiting..
it seems to have lightened up a bit so thats good, but.. you know.. just a huge pain to deal with..
9 days to go, and a ever growing list of things to get done, and ready... and im doing alot of nothing.. energy level is nill to none.. so when I do start to feel energetic, I start to do~ then end up wiped out in no time..
grrrr....
:0)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register