1 week post daVinici total radical hysterectomy with lymph node removal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post daVinici total radical hysterectomy with lymph node removal 1 week post daVinici total radical hysterectomy with lymph node removal

Unread 07-01-2014, 07:31 PM
1 week post daVinici total radical hysterectomy with lymph node removal

I feel great except for the cath( which should come out tomorrow after my post op check) and the constipation, which is awful. I am taking colace, eating a high fiber diet and yogurt, taking prune juice and eating prunes along with drinking plenty of water. When does the constipation go away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Re: 1 week post DaVa total radical hyst with lymph node removal

Are you still on pain meds? These can slow things down. Even so, it took me about 3 months before my bladder and bowels felt more like their usual selves. Major surgery can really throw our bodies off schedule! Sounds like you are doing everything right. Also add in frequent short walks around the house. I was taking Senokot post op but when that didn't work, on day 6 I tried Miralax and that did the trick. I hope you feel back to normal soon.
Unread 07-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Re: 1 week post daVinici total radical hysterctomy with lymph node removal

I am 5 weeks today and my bowels seem to finally be happier. I added probiotics with three different kinds last Friday and seems to have made a huge difference for me. My doctor on Monday also agreed it was a wise choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2014, 07:23 PM

I am disappointed... today I had the cath removed, but I have zero bladder sensation. can't tell when I'm full, can't empty. I feel so bad. On Another note the constipation has cleared up. I am really worried about my bladder. I am not crazy about self cathing but I have to do it.
Unread 07-02-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky85 View Post
I am disappointed... today I had the cath removed, but I have zero bladder sensation. can't tell when I'm full, can't empty. I feel so bad. On Another note the constipation has cleared up. I am really worried about my bladder. I am not crazy about self cathing but I have to do it.
Sorry for the bladder problems you are having. Until last week I really did not know when I had to go. I just did my regular schedule as before of every couple hours unless I felt urine leaking.

I do hope your bladder heals and works like it should. I would hate to cath too. You see those commercials on TV about the new and improved catheters and I feel sorry for any that have to do it.
Unread 07-02-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteel View Post
Sorry for the bladder problems you are having. Until last week I really did not know when I had to go. I just did my regular schedule as before of every couple hours unless I felt urine leaking.

I do hope your bladder heals and works like it should. I would hate to cath too. You see those commercials on TV about the new and improved catheters and I feel sorry for any that have to do it.
No kidding. What do you do at night,? Do you set an alarm and cath? Or do you just cath in the morning?
Unread 07-02-2014, 11:25 PM

Sorry for giving the wrong impression if you are asking me. I don't cath. I would just go in an try - on another thread this is like potty training ourselves. At night I was finally able to sleep more than 2 hours at a time. Unfortunately my bladder is not telling me so I am back up every couple hours.
Unread 07-03-2014, 02:07 AM

Best thing to get your bladder going again are a few tricks! Lay some nice hot packs on your bladder, this will relax the muscles into going to pee. Run the water tap too when you are sitting on the loo. The anisetihic makes the muscles weak so does the surgery. Also what else helps is walking! Get your walker for support and just walk up and down the hospital ailses. This gets it all moving. Also some pelvic.floor moves whilst sitting on the toliet.help you empty the bladder completely. All these stopped me from having to self cath. Sit on the toilet, put hands on either legs, move your torso forward, leaning straight, forward, legs apart relaxed, then you should be at an angle. Then completely relax your belly, which is your pelvic wall. Then watch you will completely pee!! Using the hot packs plus pelvic wall exercise really helps alot. It took me months too before it all worked right. Look.up on you tube pelvic wall exercises to pee after hysterectomy. And they show you how. Big hugs!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteel View Post
Sorry for giving the wrong impression if you are asking me. I don't cath. I would just go in an try - on another thread this is like potty training ourselves. At night I was finally able to sleep more than 2 hours at a time. Unfortunately my bladder is not telling me so I am back up every couple hours.
Unread 07-03-2014, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquih View Post
Best thing to get your bladder going again are a few tricks! Lay some nice hot packs on your bladder, this will relax the muscles into going to pee. Run the water tap too when you are sitting on the loo. The anisetihic makes the muscles weak so does the surgery. Also what else helps is walking! Get your walker for support and just walk up and down the hospital ailses. This gets it all moving. Also some pelvic.floor moves whilst sitting on the toliet.help you empty the bladder completely. All these stopped me from having to self cath. Sit on the toilet, put hands on either legs, move your torso forward, leaning straight, forward, legs apart relaxed, then you should be at an angle. Then completely relax your belly, which is your pelvic wall. Then watch you will completely pee!! Using the hot packs plus pelvic wall exercise really helps alot. It took me months too before it all worked right. Look.up on you tube pelvic wall exercises to pee after hysterectomy. And they show you how. Big hugs!!!!!
Thank everyone so much, I truly think I would have lost my mind if I had not ground this site. I am actually angle to dribble a little but I still have to cath to void complety...
Unread 07-03-2014, 04:02 AM

Yes, please do try these techniques, they really work. You have to train your bladder, so it takes doing the hot packs, the pelvic wall sitting,peeing stance to make it all work again. Keep trying these techniques,every day like clock work. I know I would wake up and just couldnt pee, Id panic and get scared, so I would do the hot packs then then the pelvic wall execercise on the toliet to pee, worked beautifully, as I would completely void.in fact I just did the stance tonight when I went to bathroom just now.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky85 View Post
Thank everyone so much, I truly think I would have lost my mind if I had not ground this site. I am actually angle to dribble a little but I still have to cath to void complety...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register