Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 13, 2015 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 13, 2015 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 13, 2015

Unread 09-13-2015, 06:24 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 13, 2015

Hello, ladies!! I'm 36 years old, married for almost 15 years, with an 8-year-old. I suffer from endometriosis, PCOS, PMDD, and anemia due to heavy periods. I am having a total hysterectomy via daVinci robotic laparoscopic method on Tuesday, 9/15. The surgeon is removing everything... uterus, ovaries, tubes, and cervix. I am VERY hopeful that this surgery will help with the problems I have had! I'm EXCITED and nervous and scared and trying not to let my nerves get the best of me! Fortunately my hubby is an RN, and he is taking off a week from work to help me recover, so that helps calm my nerves. I'm glad to meet so many other ladies who are also having surgery this week! Hoping we can be an encouragement to each other! ♥
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2015, 06:36 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 13, 2015

Hello, my name is Rosalie Luna. Im 44 yrs old. I'll be having surgery for LAH on September 18th. During a routine physical, my Doctor had found multiple fibroid tumers. The largest one is behind my uterus. So we decided to have uterus cervix and fallopian tubes removed. I've been extremely nervous scared and kind of excited, if that makes sense.
Unread 09-13-2015, 06:38 AM

Hi, my name is Kathie and I'm scheduled for a TLH-BSO on September 17th . I am 55 (seem to be the oldest here so far). I am not planning on HRT, as Dr. believes in have gone through most of menopause already so adjustment shouldn't be too bad. I also do not know my family medical history (adopted at birth ).
My concerns are mainly anesthesia (I react badly afterwards, nausea and vomiting ).....and complications during recovery. There are so many horror stories out there. I wonder if I'll be trading one set of problems for new ones. I also have other health issues (Spinal Stenosis and Degenerative Disc disease, anemia, fibromyalgia ) that I worry about being effected.
Anyways, I wish all of my fellow HysterSisters the best this week.....with God's grace, we will all be here next week to offer support to each other and those yet to undergo surgery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2015, 06:41 AM

Hi Everyone!

My name is Misty and I am having my hysterectomy on Tuesday w/leaving both ovaries (if possible). I am both excited and nervous. After 16 long months I found a Doctor that diagnosed me with Post Ablation Syndrome. I am almost in disbelief that my life will return to normal after this long battle with pain.
Unread 09-13-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K915 View Post
Hi. There is comfort hearing from other women having the same surgery. I am having a full hysterectomy on Tuesday 9/15 at 11:30. I have been holding myself together but now feeling nervous, mostly about recovery. I am waiting to hear about a new job on Tuesday as well. I want to be able to accept the position without worry of complications from surgery or the cancer. I am grateful to have found this website. The pre-opt suggestions are very helpful. I would not have thought of many of them.
I think it is only natural for us to be a bit nervous, but I'm wishing each and every ones journey through this to be a total success, we will come out better than ever and God will give us favor in the surgery and afterwards and place us in good hands with the medical staff, gotta have BIG Faith and Trust that everything will be alright. Congratulations on the new job, you'll be great , you'll be fine place in the hands of the Almighty. You got this.....wishing you the best my Sister!
Unread 09-13-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathieg View Post
Hi, my name is Kathie and I'm scheduled for a TLH-BSO on September 17th . I am 55 (seem to be the oldest here so far). I am not planning on HRT, as Dr. believes in have gone through most of menopause already so adjustment shouldn't be too bad. I also do not know my family medical history (adopted at birth ).
My concerns are mainly anesthesia (I react badly afterwards, nausea and vomiting ).....and complications during recovery. There are so many horror stories out there. I wonder if I'll be trading one set of problems for new ones. I also have other health issues (Spinal Stenosis and Degenerative Disc disease, anemia, fibromyalgia ) that I worry about being effected.
Anyways, I wish all of my fellow HysterSisters the best this week.....with God's grace, we will all be here next week to offer support to each other and those yet to undergo surgery
Hi Kathie, after reading your post ID have to agree with you that with God's grace and mercy we will be able to continue to post for others after our experiences, I somehow believe that he has already given you favor and your surgery to will be a success, he didn't bring you this far to leave you, so best wishes and a speedy recovery for you! Keep the Faith and Believe! Prayers going up!
Unread 09-13-2015, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1974 View Post
Hi Everyone!

My name is Misty and I am having my hysterectomy on Tuesday w/leaving both ovaries (if possible). I am both excited and nervous. After 16 long months I found a Doctor that diagnosed me with Post Ablation Syndrome. I am almost in disbelief that my life will return to normal after this long battle with pain.
Hi Misty, Wishing you the best on your surgery date, excited and nervous is me to but I was told by my dear friend to go in there like a Boss lol so that I shall do, Trusting and Believein the best is yet to come.
Unread 09-13-2015, 07:03 AM

LIKE A BOSS! I love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathieg View Post
Hi kathie, I also have Fibromyalgia but along with that I have Lupus and suffer from panic attacks I hope to hear from you since your surgery is a day b-4 mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietlife411 View Post
Hello, ladies!! I'm 36 years old, married for almost 15 years, with an 8-year-old. I suffer from endometriosis, PCOS, PMDD, and anemia due to heavy periods. I am having a total hysterectomy via daVinci robotic laparoscopic method on Tuesday, 9/15. The surgeon is removing everything... uterus, ovaries, tubes, and cervix. I am VERY hopeful that this surgery will help with the problems I have had! I'm EXCITED and nervous and scared and trying not to let my nerves get the best of me! Fortunately my hubby is an RN, and he is taking off a week from work to help me recover, so that helps calm my nerves. I'm glad to meet so many other ladies who are also having surgery this week! Hoping we can be an encouragement to each other! ♥
It only natural to be nervous and scared, I think we all are, but there are better days ahead of us, Praying that all is well and you'll be just fine , you got this claim it!!!! In God's hand!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register