New Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-17-2006, 07:41 AM
New Question

I have this pain in my lower right quandrant. It hurts all the time. It differs in intensity...sometimes just bothersome, to other times, so bad I can't breathe through it.

To the question: I was pushing on this spot to see if it would hurt when I pressed on it (don't ask, I always do that, if it hurts like this, will it hurt when I do this?) So I was pushing on my tummy, and I pushed in that spot...the pain was ungodly, but as soon as I pushed, My BACK started hurting, and hasn't stopped. My back didn't hurt before...

I have also noticed a secondary pain sort of below my ribs and around my back on the right side. I have had my gall bladder, and my appendix removed already. I don't have bowel, or stomach problems. I know I need to ask my Dr. It is on my list, has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks. T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2006, 08:49 AM
New Question

T~
I have that a lot and like you, I am a pusher too!! I find that sometimes pushing on different spots makes them feel better. I think it is just the way that the adeno makes me feel. Do you have adeno and endo? I can't remember and as I am at work, not going to look back right now.
Good plan to check with the doc. When do you go back? Let me know how you are doing.

angie
Unread 02-17-2006, 08:53 AM
New Question

Angie
Dr has done two ultra sounds, noticing obviously symptomatic fibroids and thickening of my endometrial lining, she suspects andeno, but won't really know till we go in. I opted not to go through any more invasive procedures if my road was ultimately going to end at a Hysto. I have tried various types of hormones, drugs, nsaids, OCP's and am just tired of nothing working long term and full time. My only chance to fell normal again is this Hysterectomy. When My last Trans Vag. US came back with another fibroid, and the ones I had showing growth, I said, "let's get it done and over with". 27 more days....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2006, 09:09 AM
New Question

T - me too - meaning I'm a pusher on pain and the harder the better usually. I truly think when it's down that low - it could a cyst on an ovary and if you pushed hard enough? or at the right time - it could have ruptured which does lend to pain spreading into back and upwards (at least mine have previously).
It's almost like a kidney stone pain - which is something else to consider. That is one of the main reasons I want this thing out - then I can actually determine is it something else or is it tied to this monster inside me. I truly believe once I'm done with the surgery - I won't have anymore pains in my abdomen again (lower and upper) - all the IBS, bladder, and gallbladder-type pain I keep having will go away once this growing beast is removed.
Wishing you the best - but remember if it gets worse - consider the kidney stone (which could need a doc visit).
Let me know how you are doing.
M
Unread 02-17-2006, 11:32 AM
New Question

I'm in the same boat. My doc wanted to try a bunch of BCP's or Lupron and possibly "wait and see", until I oh so delicately told him that he wouldn't agree if it was his testicles that felt like they were being Tasered. Needless to say, after the D&C he agreed and off to the hysterectomy we go. I too am counting down the days until the eviction happens. I cannot wait to be rid of the bloated mess that has become my uterus. Nothing can be worse than what we go through every day.
Unread 02-17-2006, 11:38 AM
New Question

I have had other doctors who told me it was my "age", or to lose 10 pounds, put my B/C, or just basically tell me to "deal with it". Dr. B. is the first Dr. to LISTEN to me, to take my history, and offer me options. We chose the wait and see with Nsaids- for six months, then another ultra sound. The next TV US showed more going wrong, Nsaids not helping and I absolutely didn't want a D&C or Lap or Hysterscopy if it wasn't going to be a CURE. She listened and I am thankful I have found this site, or I would probably be insane with questions now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register