preop scheduled feels more real now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

preop scheduled feels more real now preop scheduled feels more real now

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:09 AM
preop scheduled feels more real now

Got the call for my preoperative consult. It is now sinking in what I am having done. I know it is neccesary, bit I'm a whirlwind of emotions. DH is not helping with preparations at all. Sorry ladies just needed to vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Re: preop scheduled feels more real now

You have every right to vent! And yes, the pre op makes it more real. You will go through numerous emotions and you are entitled to your feelings! My DH has been sweet, but he doesn't realize the magnitude of having a hysterectomy. I am 5 days post op after having a Da Vinci assisted hysterectomy due to endometrial cancer. I was able to keep my right ovary to keep me from being thrown into menopause at age 42. Every day gets easier. The week prior to my surgery was the hardest for me. I felt that I was losing it. I think that you just have to work through all of your emotions to get prepared. On the day of my surgery, I was calm and just ready to have it over with. Recovery has been better than I expected. Just taking it one day at a time. Hang in there and best wishes!
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:19 PM

For my pre-op, I remember thinking "Wow, this is really going to happen, isn't it!"

Your emotions are very normal. This is one tough surgery to process and digest. I am sorry DH is not helping you more. For prep, focus on what is really important and let the rest go.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:25 PM

Oh yeah! I went through the same thing when I had my pre op! DH love him! I did have to ask him how long healing would be if his scrotum was removed when even questioning recovery and Princess status! He had a vasectomy and he said that was enough for him!!! Heheheee!!! Nerves are so normal but usually the reality is a much gentler experience than the mind can cook up! You will be through this before you know it..this is the worst part..waiting..Hugs sister!!!!!
Unread 02-05-2014, 10:24 PM

Thanks ladies, he is more concerned about the initial recovery and having to be responsible for the children. I have precancerous cells on my cervix. Right now I'm scheduled for laproscoptic surgery. But the doctor is concerned about previous scar tissue from an emergency c-section 11 years ago. If he comes across too much, he is hoping to do a full abdominal. My biggest fear with the laproscoptic surgery is that from what I read they cut the uterus before removing it, what happens if they forget some. That and I am very probe to uti's so not looking forward to the catheter. I'm just a big pile of nerves.
Unread 02-05-2014, 10:31 PM

<< That and I am very probe to uti's so not looking forward to the catheter.>>

OH, the catheter is my biggest fear! Last time I had one (when I was 17 years old), I remember it being so uncomfortable and then I ended up getting a UTI. So here I am about to have belly incisions, vaginal stitches, and everything moved around inside, and I'm worried about peeing the most. Go figure.

Had my pre-op appt. at the hospital today. I think it was more for them than for me. I already knew just about everything she told me....thanks to this website!
Unread 02-05-2014, 10:32 PM

Did you get a second opinion on the laproscopic for your situation?
Unread 02-05-2014, 10:33 PM

What type are you having? I go for my pre op on Feb 18. Someone said you have to pee solo before discharge. True?
Unread 02-05-2014, 10:38 PM

My catheter was out before I woke up which was lovely! I peed like Austin Powers after I did wake up..holy moly..all the fluid! LOL!
Unread 02-05-2014, 10:40 PM
preop scheduled feels more real now

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmichelle View Post
My catheter was out before I woke up which was lovely! I peed like Austin Powers after I did wake up..holy moly..all the fluid! LOL!
Glad to hear it. The less time the better

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register