Has anyone had a failed cystocele repair? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone had a failed cystocele repair? Has anyone had a failed cystocele repair?

Unread 04-22-2006, 06:21 AM
Has anyone had a failed cystocele repair?

Michelle,
That is exactly what my doctor told me before my hyst. to wait and see if I needed the TOT. I am so glad I did - so far no leaking.
I am hoping to be able to remove the pessary on my own - you couldn't have sex with it in could you? My insurance didn't pay for mine either, but I expected that - when I went to PT for my rectum, I had to buy a plug thing for that too. I also feel better having a brand new one that is only mine. I already feel a little itchy today, hope I didn't get a yeast infection from the couple I tried.
You are so lucky to have such a wonderful gyn. I am going to be praying that your surgery goes well on Monday! I'm also sad but happy to have you moving on with your life and leaving me behind - lol. Keep me posted as to all the details as I hope to be following in your footsteps someday in the near future. Huge Cyber Hugs to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2006, 06:50 AM

Bowlinggrl,
I thought I'd give it a couple of days to see if there was maybe a "rebound effect" from stopping the Enablex. I went 20 times yesterday. Funny though, I only wake up to go once or twice a night. Seems like I never go a whole lot but I have terrible urgency and can't make it to the bathroom fast enough. I feel like I have to go all the time. I am so tired of dealing with this! Guess I better call the Uro tomorrow. Don't know how I'm going to work with having to go all the time????!!!!!
Unread 04-23-2006, 08:46 AM

bbpdw,
I am exactly the same, I only wake up once or twice a night. Supposedly your brain is supposed to kick in while you are sleeping so you don't get the message that you have to go all the time - So at least that part is working on us. I feel like I have to go all the time too and I wait 20-30 minutes after I get the feeling, I asked the Uro if that was what I was supposed to do and he said yes, that my bladder needs to be stretched. But that also means that I have anywhere from 10-20 minutes after I go without that feeling. I was supposed to go back to work this past year and I don't know who is going to hire me, running back and forth to the bathroom all the time.
I always do a 24 hour bladder diary (keeping track of when I feel the urge, when I go, how much I go, how much I drink) before I see the urologist and I keep them, so we can compare how the new medicine is working. I also have a 'hat' that measures urine output, I never make it past 300cc's and if I make it that far, I am doubled over with bladder pains. Sometimes I feel like I have to go and I only go 50cc's - weird.
Good Luck to you, let us know what the Uro says. I will let you know tomorrow if I pass the PST test for IC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2006, 09:29 AM

Bowlinggrl, how did the PST go? My Uro said to go back on the Enablex for now. I'm waiting for his scheduler to call to set up the urodynamics and cystoscopy. Soon I hope. It is really hard to work and enjoy life when I'm constantly feeling like I have to go, and worrying about whether I'll make it to the bathroom on time! I hope things went well for you yesterday. Let us know how you're doing.
Unread 04-25-2006, 12:12 PM

bbpdw,
I posted a vent about the PST test yesterday. It turned up nothing and the Uro said there is nothing else he can try, the med's to stop spasms are causing me to retain, so I am supposed to be happy that I only go 22 times a day and keep taking flomax and urispas because at least I am close to emptying when I take those. Thanks for asking, Let us know what you find out. Hope you get better news. Hugs.
Unread 04-30-2006, 09:06 PM

I had a rectocele and enterocele repaired in Jan 05. So far, so good. My Gyn used pelvicol to reinforce it. I believe it will last forever. I had a anterior repair because of a cystocele and a tvt done 7 1/2 months ago by a uro/gyn. He used nothing to reinforce the area. If anything I feel that one will fall before the posterior one would.
My uro'gyn asked me if my Gyn had tacked my bladder when I had my TAH? I asked my gyn that at my yearly and he said "NO". He quit doing bladder tacks 6 years ago when it was found to cause some other problem. Isn't it just amazing at how different all of our doctors are?
I willl not get another prolapse surgery unless it is real large like the rectocele was. I know now I could have lived with the cystocele. I pretty much have been left with no sensations in there and look deformed. Some ladies have good luck doing kegels to strengthen the area where the prolapse is. That was my Gyn's first suggestion until a defectogram showed how large it was.
Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register