Bladder pain during intercourse (1 year post-op) | In Search of Info/Support for ..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > In Search of Info/Support for .....

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder pain during intercourse (1 year post-op) Bladder pain during intercourse (1 year post-op)

Unread 06-05-2017, 07:48 PM
Bladder pain during intercourse (1 year post-op)

So I had my hysterectomy a year ago at everything was fine at first. I have completely lost all interest in sex and I'm thinking it's because sex is painful. I feel like it's my bladder. Is it possible that my bladder could have dropped? My cervix and uterus was removed but I still have both ovaries. This has become a huge painful disappointment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Re: Bladder pain during intercourse (1 year post-hyst)

Hi Dawnlynn,

I am so sorry you are having trouble with painful intercourse. I know how disappointing that is! Have you discussed it with your gynecologist? There are a couple things I can suggest for you to try but you do need a thorough exam as well. It is possible you are dealing with a prolapsed bladder but only a physical exam will answer that question.

First, is your bladder always painful or only during or after intercourse? Have you tried using lubricants during intercourse? Do you feel dry or itchy in the vaginal area?

You could have some atrophy which can cause a painful bladder. Even with your ovaries you may need some over the counter vaginal moisturizer or even a little vaginal estrogen. Try the OTC products like Replens until you can discuss with your doctor.

You might also be experiencing some IC (interstitial cystitis) type symptoms. You can try eliminating known irritants like citrus, spicy food and caffeine to see if your symptoms ease up. Make sure you drink plenty of water.

You are welcome to post on the Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues forum as well for additional support.

Please let us know how you are doing.
Unread 06-15-2017, 04:32 PM
Re: Bladder pain during intercourse (1 year post-hyst)

ask your doctor about vaginal estrogen...it really helps with bladder irritation.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register