only 29 years old- hormone issues 4 years post hysterectomy | Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

only 29 years old- hormone issues 4 years post hysterectomy only 29 years old- hormone issues 4 years post hysterectomy

Unread 06-15-2017, 12:17 PM
only 29 years old- hormone issues 4 years post hysterectomy

Wasn't sure where to post this :/ I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago, kept my ovaries. Last time I seen the doctor was my post op 4 years ago. Everything went fine but I was supposed to go back to get my thyroid checked. We lost insurance so I never did. Now have a scheduled appt for July 12 for a full "annual" exam. Things seemed fine even 2 years after, I had switched to 80% raw diet, was exercising normally, lost about 20lbs and was healthy. Our lifestyle changed and we kind of went back to a lot of processed foods and such. Have been having a lot of gut issues for a long time so I've been on high dose probiotics for 26 days now. I have gained weight, switched back to 80% raw diet, don't exercise as much though. I cut out gluten and processed foods. I haven't had salt or sugar for more than 4 years. I am NOT losing any weight. I have all menopause symptoms EXCEPT heat flashes. I'm thinking I have a hormone imbalance which leads me to think I have have a thyroid issue which I will get checked now that we do have insurance. No natural remedies or foods are helping with hormone balance at all. Has anyone experienced this and found the solution? I am now about 30lbs. overweight. Very low energy. Lots of hair loss. Extremely fatiqued. Someone please help! I'm only 29 but I feel like I'm in my 60's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2017, 10:26 AM
Re: only 29 years old- hormone issues 4 years post hysterectomy

Hello 1beautifulmess

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this even after 4 years. Given what you mentioned about not seeing your doctor since that timeframe, it might be a good idea to schedule an appointment. S/he will be able to run hormone and thyroid tests to see what your levels are. You can also talk to your doctor to figure out if you might need an HRT or HRT alternative.

It sounds like you are aware of what you are eating as lean proteins, fresh fruits and veggies along with cardio and small weights might be the extra nudge you might need.

Here are some articles that have a little more insight:
Hair Loss and Menopause

Hormone Replacement Therapy

SOS for Hormone Imbalance

Please let us know what the doctor says sweetie!
Sending your way.
Unread 06-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Re: only 29 years old- hormone issues 4 years post hysterectomy

Hi 1beautifulmess, (love the name)! I had all of the symptoms you have- gut issues, hair loss, gained weight and unsuccessful at losing, depression... the list goes on. I thought I had a terrible disease and was dying. I finally found an OBGYN that would test hormones levels and mine were way to low, which was causing all of these symptoms. Had complete hysterectomy on April 24, 2017 and am taking HRT now and feeling better, not 100% yet (I guess that takes time) but much better then I was. I don't think foods would be able to balance hormones if they are severely failing. I tried the same route before I could get my hystectomy and that didn't touch my symptoms.
Find a good doctor, test the hormones and consider HRT.
Sending hugs and prayers that you will get answers quickly.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register