wacked out... just me? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

wacked out... just me? wacked out... just me?

Unread 04-30-2011, 06:38 PM
wacked out... just me?

I have been lurking around and reading as much information as I can... I am scheduled for a TAH on May 20th, this has been a little sudden so I feel like I am having trouble absorbing it.
I JUST finished LPN school yesterday.. found out 3 weeks ago that my life-long battle with endometriosis still had some fight. I had Lupron treatment after lap removal of cysts/fibroids in 2003.. then was on BC since and until March 13th was smooth sailing... no periods - no bleeding.. not for 8 years. Well, since I have been in a roller coaster of appointments, finishing school, and this last two weeks - bleeding so much I would go thru 32 overnight pads in 1 day.. and still bled thru my clothes... I don't know how I did it in my 20's... I really don't. My HB levels are low.. 7.6. Out of desperation they started me on Lysteda Thursday... as of today = no bleeding... I have never heard of this med... but it seemed to work? But to top it all off - and I know I am rambling... but I am an emotional fool! I feel so depressed.. some times I'm OK - but in general I feel sad. I cry at everything... I am usually high strung... but today I didn't leave the couch... No one around me seems to understand.
Anyone else feeling like me? Could it also be the Lysteda?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Re: wacked out... just me?

I think we're all pretty much going through the same thing, I'm finding..us pre-ops anyways..
you're not rambling..and not an emotional fool!
I'm on Lupron..and it's made me very emotional...crying, sad a lot..sometimes feeling like I just want to lock myself in my room..and you'll find that lots of us feel the same way.

One thing...very important! You are NOW in the right place..all of us understand! all of us!
Unread 04-30-2011, 07:21 PM

Sounds like you have been on a roller-coaster for the last few weeks and now that school is over things are starting to sink in. Perfectly natural. You can check out the side effects of Lysteda, that may be affecting things too. But when your weak, sick and scared crying seems like a natural response to me. Cut yourself some slack, you have been going thru a trying time and now have to have surgery. And if no one around you seems to understand try coming here more often and maybe finding someone, anyone in your life that you can talk to (mom, sis, friends).

Most people who haven't gone thru this don't understand, but the women here do and are happy to give you advise and listen to your feelings. (((HUGS))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2011, 07:35 PM

I used Lysteda for about a week and a half at one point in the month before my hyster. It is a miracle working pill for sure. I did not have any side affects at all. I simply cannot imaging bleeding as heavily as you were, what a nightmare. (You probably know how the woman in the New Testament felt, the one who touched the hem of Jesus garment and it stopped her issue of blood which she'd had for 12 years!) I pray you will seek God for peace of mind, and calmness of heart. He is so good. A hyster sister shared Isaiah 41:10 with me and I like to share it with others. God Bless you, Hugs from South Georgia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register