Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8: Getting Out of Bed, Post Surgery - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8: Getting Out of Bed, Post Surgery Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8: Getting Out of Bed, Post Surgery

Unread 08-28-2015, 10:28 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 9/8: Getting Out of Bed, Post Surgery

i just purchased a 4in topper with a down cover over it.. i was like i want to be comfortable while i sleep bc my mattress really had me tossing and turning all night... well i sleep sooo much better but its harder for me to get up lol... we have the same surgery date... i have seen tips like mentioned but i considered ordering a rope ladder thing that attaches to the foot of the bed and u use it to pull urself up or even a bed rail piece thats short than u grab and pull up with... i do thing the log roll will help for the most part.. i also purchased a stool to help me bc my bed is a little higher than my waist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootGrl View Post
I have a memory foam bed too (love it - never going back to a traditional mattress). I think the memory foam actually makes it easier because it doesn't sink down like a traditional mattress. As others have described, roll onto your side, dangle your legs out over the edge, and push up with your arms to pivot your legs down. I haven't had any trouble with this maneuver.

Good luck with your surgery!
Thank you! Hopefully it will be easier!
Unread 08-28-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin-2-survive View Post
i just purchased a 4in topper with a down cover over it.. i was like i want to be comfortable while i sleep bc my mattress really had me tossing and turning all night... well i sleep sooo much better but its harder for me to get up lol... we have the same surgery date... i have seen tips like mentioned but i considered ordering a rope ladder thing that attaches to the foot of the bed and u use it to pull urself up or even a bed rail piece thats short than u grab and pull up with... i do thing the log roll will help for the most part.. i also purchased a stool to help me bc my bed is a little higher than my waist
I agree about the log roll thing. I love how helpful everyone here is. Nice to know someone who shares my date.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register