Why, oh why, am I so darned fatigued? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why, oh why, am I so darned fatigued? Why, oh why, am I so darned fatigued?

Unread 07-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Why, oh why, am I so darned fatigued?

I am up around the house for a bit, then back in bed to snooze 1-3 hours. I cannot believe the level of fatigue I have. I had my surgery Monday, July 25th. When does this subside?

Thanks!
Robin M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2005, 11:09 AM

You are barely out of surgery and into the healing phase. I am still fatigued 4 mo's out and most of the ladies on here indicate it can take 6 months to a year before they really felt like they had the kind of energy they had before the surgery. Please be patient and give yourself plenty of time to heal. You will be glad you did. Take Care. Vickey
Unread 07-30-2005, 12:15 PM

Not for a while! The fatigue is normal.. unless it lasts for quite a long time. I'm 4 1/2 wks out and STILL get fatigued! I'm just trying to remember what all the other sisters keep telling me " It WILL get better!" I hope it does for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2005, 01:16 PM

I am over a year post hyst, and the fatigue still gets to me, some days not so bad, and other days are terrible. Chin up, it does get better.
snickers
Unread 07-30-2005, 01:37 PM

Your fatigue is very normal, and is your body's way of telling you to rest, rest, rest! For the first few weeks I felt like a newborn - all I did was eat, sleep and cry! But it does get better! Soon you willbe feeling up to more, but be sure to listen when it is saying "Take me to the couch!" Happy Healing!
Unread 07-30-2005, 03:08 PM

Robin,

Your body is telling you it needs you to REST so it can heal! The time and degree of fatigue is different for everyone, but I think everybody who posts on here will agree that you'll be exhausted for the first 1-2 weeks. Many women on here post that they regret doing too much to early, but you won't find ANYONE who says they were too lazy or took too much time off! Rest, drink, rest, walk, rest. That's it!

Rene
Unread 07-30-2005, 03:48 PM

you only had your surgery 5 days ago. it takes the body a long time to recover from something as tramatic as we've been through. i was tired for months after mine and found out that i had a cyst on my right ovary which i believe aided in my fatigue. when i went in to have that one removed, i was feeling better, but still to this day a year and a bit after my hyster, i still get fatigued.

you really need to take your recovery seriously and rest more than you've ever rested in your life. yes you'll get bored and your emotions are going to probably wreek havoc on you (they do to most of us), but it's all part of the recovery process.

it's fantastic that they caught the cancer when they did, and it sound like it was a fast process that you may not have been prepared for. we are all here for you any time you need us, but please do yourself a favor and take it easy. let people wait on you and pamper you and enjoy it.

take care sweetie and rest easy

sam
Unread 07-30-2005, 05:42 PM

I am almost seven weeks post-op and this last week was my first full time week back to work. I was so exhausted by Friday night that I slept about 10 hours, got up this morning and was up for about two hours and went back to bed for a two hour nap.....I feel good physically now, but am tired really easy. It seems to take alot of time. So if you are tired , rest , rest and then rest some more..

Hugs,
Cheryl
Unread 07-30-2005, 05:59 PM

Listen to your body.. rest is your FRIEND right now.. in a few weeks you will have more energy...

samantha76 - howdy from a fellow abby person...

Hugs to all!!

Shauna
Unread 08-02-2005, 01:06 PM

hi shauna,

hope your doing well (alone with the rest of us!).

nice to see somebody from around here on the site.

best wishes to all.

samantha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register