Burning/Stinging pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning/Stinging pain Burning/Stinging pain

Unread 10-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Burning/Stinging pain

I am 2 weeks post -op today. Three days ago I went for my 10 day check -up. 65 miles away. Drove myself there since my dr said I could. My doctor acted like I was a whiner when I tried to explane the pain that I was having. He told me to take some tylenol(ha). Tylenol my ***. It fills like someone took a burning ember from the fireplace and inserted it in my abdomen. I called his office yesterday to let hem know that it hasn't subsided any. His assistant said she would call me in some pain pills. How long is this going to burn like this? Also while I was at my appointment, He put silver nitrate on my vaginal incisions but didn't bother to tell me that I was going to bleed like crazy. Other than burning I feel fine. Any suggestions on how to ease the burning? Thanks :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Burning/Stinging pain

Have you tried an ice pack? Is it from swelling? Ibuprofen may do a better job than tylonal if it is from swelling. My doc really pushed the ibuprofen over tylonal and explained how much more it will do for me in the long run - but if your doc said tylonal, maybe he wants you to take tylonal for a reason - perhaps you should call and clarify this with the nurse.
Sorry you are in so much pain and he is not taking you seriously. It really hurts when you feel as if you have not been heard or taken seriously.

,,,,,,,,,,,,He put silver nitrate on my vaginal incisions

Why did he do this? What does it do? You are only a couple weeks out? Are the vaginal stiches not in place until around 5 weeks or so and then don't they come out on their own?
I am confused.... can you help me understand?
Unread 10-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Burning/Stinging pain

Cindy thanks for the reply, I tryed advil but it didn't do much, except upset my stomach. The dr told me that the pain was from the brusing. But iv'e had lots of bruses in my life but never one that felt like fire.As for the silver nitrate, he said that it was medicine to make it heal faster ? Im confused too. Maybe he used it because I am very prone to post op infections. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Burning/Stinging pain

well hopefully someone else will come along that has already gone through this and will help to explain it to us....
....still scratching my head - I am getting sore from sitting here, I am going to log off for awhile but tomorrow or later when I get back on, I am going to google silver stuff and see why.... (aint I just a little nosey thing!)
Unread 10-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Burning/Stinging pain

sorry to hear you are in pain mybofo. I am 4 weeks post op today and I still have a burning sensation from time to time, and I agree with you, sometimes it does feel like a burning ember in there. I asked my doc about this pain and all he told me was its part of the healing process. I had an apt with him earlier this week and he put the silver nitrate on me, he explained that this helps the healing and that it will prevent bleeding when I am cleared to have intercourse. I use a frozen bag of veggies when the burning starts and that seems to help a little. Hope you get better soon. Best wishes on a good recovery.
Unread 10-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Burning/Stinging pain

Sorry that you are in pain, I'm also in pain, it kind of peels like really bad razor burn. I'm a little over two weeks, I feel like this will never end. I know it will take time but it seems like forever.

Christine
Unread 10-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Burning/Stinging pain

Sorry your having so much pain and have a numb headed DR! I too had the same pain and all I can say is that it hurt SOOOO bad!! I called my DR and was told that I had over done it, but I didn't think so anyways the real bad burning lasted for about a week and a half more for me and it was no fun because my pain meds were rotting my stomach out so bad but I called walmart and asked them if there was something to help that out. They told me procylic(i think that is how you spell it) so I started taking that and it REALLY helped out! It took 2 days for it to start working so I also lived on malox antacid till they worked.

Hope you are feeling better soon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register