anxiety! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-12-2007, 10:29 AM
anxiety!

My postings on here have been mainly about the emotional state of handling things post op. I have told people that I never thought this surgery would be so emotionally draining.
I was on effexor and doing ok before surgery and kept my ovaries and actually thought I got them working again.
What my problem is now is agitation, I worry about every detail of everything. sometimes they border on what I think are panic attacks. I get into to bed at night and fuss and roll over and my legs go and I feel like I have tourettes.
Does anyone else feel like this too? I have my Dr appointment this week and expect him to brush it off and I can't afford it, I don't feel like myself and it can't stay this way....

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 11:47 AM
emotions count

I realized that I had been off my prozac and vitamins for quite a while what with not eating much and now on Cipro, that my mood was deflating.

It could be that or maybe you have SSRI poop out and need a different one.

I also have a supply of xanax because I am trying to quit smoking during this time. It really helps. It can be addictive though.

Call a psychologist or GP about meds, not your gyn. Although I get all my stuff from my gyn but not all know about this stuff.

It is real.

Let me know if I can be of help.

- Susan
Unread 08-12-2007, 11:49 AM
anxiety!

I had my surgery on June 14 and ovaries and uterus were taken. I am much more sensitive to things and I can feel alot of tension. I was already a control freak before my surgery but it just seems that things are never right now. I am currently taking estrogen but I think my dosage is too high so I cut back yesterday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 04:30 PM
anxiety!

Thanks girls I so appreciate your input
Donna
Unread 08-12-2007, 04:59 PM
anxiety!

Donna,
You are NOT alone. I've always been a bit anal retentive... wanting things done a certain way... but now (and I still have my ovaries) things seem to frustrate me much easier and I seem extremely easily aggitated. I, too, am tired of feeling this way. I have had anxiety attacks in the past, but haven't had them for years.... so for me this is quite often depressing me also! I seem to be constantly snapping at someone and often feel like I just can't handle things.

I talked to my surgeon about it and they blew me off. I tried talking to my GP about it and they blew me off too!! I don't know what to do now.... sometimes I feel completely miserable and others I feel great.

Believe me, I understand how frustrating this can be. I hope you (and I) get some relief soon (as well as any other sisters out there with these issues). I don't know what to tell you... except I'm here any time you need to vent and I send you tons of cyber s!!
Unread 08-12-2007, 06:06 PM
anxiety!

I want to suggest to you to quit smoking ask your doctor for a scrip for chantex.It is a new drug to quit smoking and it really works. I quit in may and feel great about it.I promise if I can quit anyone can.Do youself a great favor and try it
Unread 08-12-2007, 06:30 PM
broncos 07

I actually got a prescription in Feb. I am self employed and have terrible insurance with no prescription plan. It was $150 and I didn't want to spend it at the time.

But it is an option and while money is tight, I do think if I can't do this on my own, I will try it.

However, I also know that right now with my parents in crisis, it will be very,very hard if not impossible.

No time is good but I never thought things would be this bad even with the evil ex lurking.

Thanks!

Susan
Unread 08-12-2007, 06:45 PM
anxiety!

I have had a lot of anxiety since the surgery. I think I'm even having panic attacks! I feel like my heart is palpatating sometimes and like I can't get enough air. When I am busy doing something I don't notice it. I am for sure talking to my OB about this on Tue.

Hope you all are well.

Miss
Unread 08-12-2007, 08:37 PM
anxiety!

I used to take a Xanax maybe one or two a month if that much. NOW...I take two in the morning and two before bedtime. I know what you mean by panic attacks and anxiety. I have always been a type-A person but NEVER had a panic attack until the night after my surgery in the hospital. I am also MUCH more sensitive to comments that would have rolled off my back before. I get aggitated too.

You are definately NOT alone! Hang in there. Hugs to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register