TAH/BSO scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH/BSO scheduled TAH/BSO scheduled

Unread 12-14-2007, 06:21 PM
TAH/BSO scheduled

I got my date today. Jan 17th. I was kind of relieved that it would be after the holidays but was going to take what they gave me and have it done with.
I am very scared.. so scared to the point that my doc thought I was "angry" with the treatment and sai I could get another doc if i wanted. i guess I gave the wrong impression and really tried to convince him otherwise.
I just got divorced 2 weeks ago and just closed on my house loan which i had to buy from him to learn a few days later that i had a tumor. I also have no family in the way of elders to speak anymore. A few aunts and uncles but they live in other states. Basically i am on my own being a single mom of 4.
The good thing.. the doc says I have a 1% chance of having cancer. i have a tumor the size of an orange on my left ovary with dysplasia on the cervix.. i don't understand it all. I ahve gone thru early menopause a few years ago. He is doing an incision and taking out the ovary and said that he would have that tested before i even wake up. then he will test any fluids in my abdomen and proceed to take everything else out. Tubes, cervix and uterus and the other ovary.
I guess I just want to get this over with and go from there.
I am not sure what to expect in the way of pain etc. I will read thru these forums and hope that i will find some answers.

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2007, 06:35 PM
TAH/BSO scheduled

I'm sorry to hear about your problems and the fact that you don't have anyone to ask for advice. Well that just changed, sweetie. There are a lot of ladies here to give you support, maybe some advice for you to consider and all the "listening" that you want.

You are a brave woman who has a lot on her shoulders. This is a great sight and it has helped me a lot already. I go a few days before you-- exactly one month from today and it will all be over and I'll be sleeping I'm sure. I can't wait. The waiting is the hardest.

Downyocean
Unread 12-14-2007, 06:45 PM
TAH/BSO scheduled

Thanks.. I guess my profile should say TAH and BSO ??? I just looked at the abbreviations.
I have a few friends that will help some but I have never been dependant on anyone. I have never had anyone do anything for me. I do everything and always had to from cleaning, cooking, shopping and all bills. I never so much as have someone get me a drink...lol
I figure it takes as much time to say get me a coffee than to get it yourself plus you get it the way you like it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 05:19 AM
TAH/BSO scheduled

hello i know what you mean about being scared. I just want it do and over with so i can ge to the healing part. My date is set for Jan 15th 2008. I have read alot of post and it seems that the gas is the hardest thing to over come. i hope that all goes well with you.
Unread 12-30-2007, 07:23 AM
TAH/BSO scheduled

waiting is the worst part...try to keep yourself busy, get your house and meals organized, etc. i wish you the best of luck.
Unread 12-31-2007, 01:52 AM
TAH/BSO scheduled

Thank you very much. My mother is here for a long time to she will be a big help. Hubby geting room organized for me and my boys are ready for orders. So I have a lot of help so that is encouraging for me.
Unread 12-31-2007, 06:50 AM
TAH/BSO scheduled

Big S
It sounds like you've been through a lot of stress lately
I had a precancerous tumor in my uterus as well as hyperplasia on my cervix. My pathology came back benign. I'll pray for the same good results for you.

Each person has different reactions and tolerences for pain. My best advice is to discuss it ahead of time with your dr. Together you should be able to decide what will work best for you.

I'm sorry that you won't have a support team mearby. How old are your children - maybe they can be some help? Do you have co-workers, friends or neighbors that you can call if needed? I found people are often willing to lend a hand if they know it's needed. You shouldn't be bedridden but will need some help with lifting heavy things for awhile. Your dr should give you a list of what you can & cannot do for right after your surgery.
I found that stocking my freezer & pantry ahead of time was very helpful for my recovery. I cooked some easy to heat & eat food, bought some more & added fruit juices and snacks.

Best wishes.

Unread 12-31-2007, 09:37 AM
TAH/BSO scheduled

Thanks, I plan on doing that with the food and also talking to my doc about pain meds etc. i don't like to be doped up but will take them..lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register