surgery in 3.5hrs = yikes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery in 3.5hrs = yikes surgery in 3.5hrs = yikes

Unread 03-27-2012, 07:39 AM
surgery in 3.5hrs = yikes

Well, here I go guys. Off to the hospital within 45min. What really sucks though is that I got a scare of a lifetime this morning. 545am phone was ringing, I have a girl 17mths who goes to daycare, it is her daycare. My daycare's mom passed away last night and she is closed today, heart sinks start to cry what do I do? I think, get it together, get up and call the mom of the little boy I babysit and my girl is going there for the day. Poor hubby has an extra 1/2 hr drive out of his way for this BUT thank god for friends!!! What would I have done if I could not go this AM, I would have been devastated. Whew, close one, disaster diverted.

Good luck to everyone and I will post when I get home from the castle. Lots of luck, hugs and kisses to you and to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Re: surgery in 3.5hrs = yikes

Wow! What a scary call. Best wishes for surgery and recovery today! If your husband mentions the extra 1/2 hour drive to pick up and drop off your baby, remember to laugh and tell him the extra driving is nothing compared to how his day would have been if he had the toddler in tow all day at the hospital with him ( or the office of he went to work today).
Unread 03-27-2012, 07:52 AM

I pray that everything goes well with your surgery today!!! Keep us posted on how you are doing!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 07:54 AM

Ah, my hubby is a good man. What was scary is that we are in BC (Canada) and my mom-in-law and my mom are both in SK - 2 provinces away. So the whole surgery could have been cancelled. By the way, they are coming up to help with the girl post-op, they are just not here now.
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:02 AM

So glad you have help post op. I was sitting here a few minutes ago imagining what recovery would be like for you with a toddler at home.My kids are grown now, but I had surgery years ago with a 5 month at home.When the dr told me no lifting her for several weeks I laughed. I had another surgery with a 6 week old a 2 yr old and a 3 year old years later. So very very hard recovering with little ones at home. They don't understand and need held and loved. Yours is a lucky little girl to get some spoiling from both Grandma's post op!! That will save you many tears!!
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:36 AM

Wishing you best recovery.. Im sorry for the scare you had this morning..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register