Another May 30th Princess - New Member | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another May 30th Princess - New Member Another May 30th Princess - New Member

Unread 05-28-2003, 12:35 AM
Another May 30th Princess - New Member

Dear Friends,

I finally registered yesterday - it's about time since I have treasured this website as a resource on and off for several years now.

Also, after years of various problems (long very heavy periods, fibroids, hospitalization because of hemorraging, hysteroscopies, and a six month course of Lupron to build up my blood count) and yet avoiding becoming a "punctured princess", I am about to be crowned this Friday the 30th.

What happened is that after 7 months of no periods (I'm 53 so I thought that finally I was through), at the beginning of March out of the blue I started another long period. After 5 weeks (!) I decided this fell outside the parameters of weird perimenopausal irregularityl, and went to my gynecologist. An endrometrial biopsy was done and the results came back
"atypical adenomotous hyperplasia with some well differentiated cells with possible adenocarcinoma". That really got my attention, to say the least. After a few tears, I decided "this uterus has to go". Those nasty atypical cells need to disappear fast! I really trust my gynecologist - she has been a great resource throughout.

Anyhow, when I received the biopsy results and made my surgery decision (it will be TAH BSO so they can check lymph nodes) I raced to the Hystersisters website (hadn't visited it in months). What a comfort to read the stories of others, and benefit from your hard-won advice!

Special thanks to Kathy Kelley and the hostesses, and every hystersister who shares on this board. I appreciate you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2003, 04:34 AM

Hi berrypatch,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

While I'm sorry that you've had so many problems and are facing surgery, I am glad that you remembered us and decided to register and introduce yourself.

I noticed that you don't have your surgery date in your profile yet - please go back into the control panel and add it so that you'll appear on the calendar for the 30th and will receive a special greeting from Hyster Sisters.

If you haven't already, be sure to read our Pre-op Hints (click here) and the Post-Op Hints (click here). They are full of great advice that will help you to prepare for your surgery and recovery.

Please post any questions that you may have - we'll do our best to help.

's
Unread 05-28-2003, 06:21 AM

Hi Berrypatch. Welcome. I had pretty much the same diagnosis as you did. I am very glad to hear they are going to check the lymph nodes at the time of the hyst. They didn't for me and when the final pathology report came back a grade higher than they thought it would be I had to go back for the biopsies ( a whole other major abd surgery basically). My endometrial biopsy was not quite as clear as yours was. However, everything is wonderful now and I am sure glad to have had those biopsies done, even if it did mean a second surgery.

I am from the Pacific NW too. If you would like to PM me or email me with any questions, please feel free. I do know that once I got the final path report, talking with the ladies on the Cancer Concerns forum was a lifesaver. I have a cousin who is a gyn and one of her partners is what she refers to as "a world expert on gyn cancers" and she reviewed my case with him and he said I would be just fine. She told me of all the cancers to get I had gotten the "best" so to speak.

Big hugs,

Linda >^..^<
StampinCat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register